We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis The Palm

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis The Palm

Hi

We are going to the Atlantis for 3 nights in February. We Re booked into a deluxe room, can anyone advise as to what these rooms are like & whether it is worth upgrading to an imperial room

Thanks

Sue

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis The Palm

You can look at pictures of the rooms on their web site.

An upgrade will get you the same type of room and access to the club lounge where you can get breakfast if you don't want to go to the main restaurants. Soft drinks and tea and coffee all day if you can be bothered to change and go up from the pool and alcoholic drinks for a couple of hours in the evening with canapés.

If that is worth the extra they are charging you for the upgrade then it may be worth it for you to book it - no one else can tell you if it will be worth it for you.

wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis The Palm

Hi

Thank you for your reply it is very helpful and has confirmed that for me the upgrade to imperial is not worth it.

Regards

Sue

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis The Palm

No worries. Some people think it is worth the extra and would say yes, definitely but I think it depends on whether you will drink enough in the two hours - 6pm till 8pm - that they allocate for the 'free' alcohol.

If you have kids then it also gives 'free' access to the kids club because, unlike most hotels, Atlantis charge for this facility

Edited: 04 January 2014, 10:32
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis The Palm

I never think it's worth upgrading for club access but we're not big drinkers and don't like to spoil our appetite before dinner with canapes but you could read the reviews here in the hotel section as I'm sure there will be loads from people who booked the Imperial room.

Scotland
Level Contributor
45 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis The Palm

We didn't upgrade, thought not worth amount asked for, breakfast was no problem in the main restaurant and glad we didn't waste the money.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis The Palm

They told me last week that Wi-Fi was chargeable in all rooms except Imperial Suites.

What a cheek at those room rates!

Berkshire, New York
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis The Palm

Hi, just booked the Atlantis for Easter break, does anyone know what the weather is likely to be like?

Also, how do I book the Dolphin Encounter in advance of holiday?

Many thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis The Palm

No one will know what the weather will be like but looking at the weather section of the top questions to the right of the posts will provide a link to a weather site for averages.

You can book it in their web site or phone them up

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis The Palm

Hi smashin99uk,

So can I ask you stayed HB in a deluxe room not IMPERIAL? Did you eat lunch at the hotel can you advise how much you are lookin at for a lite bite ie share a Pizza or sandwich and may be a coke and 1 beer? Don't think we would spend £100 a day on food drink to justify it?

Thanks in advance

Sam

10. Re: Atlantis The Palm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 13:09