We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing with Taxi cheaper than Hop On/Off bus?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rotterdam, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Sightseeing with Taxi cheaper than Hop On/Off bus?

We are travelling to Dubai with 6 adults. We want to explore Dubai for a full day.

Is it possible (and cheaper) to make use of a 7-seat Taxi, which drive us around, than making use of the Hop On/Hop Off bus. The bus will cost us 6x $54=$324,- in total. So an own private taxi is perhaps cheaper.

What do you suggest?

Thanks a lot.

Rgds. Frans

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,562 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing with Taxi cheaper than Hop On/Off bus?

A taxi will certainly be cheaper but you wont get a commentary and you will need to have an idea of what you want to see.

I'd start with the map on the Big Bus web site and use it to map out what you want to see by taxi.

The metro is even cheaper and even better has an elevated view so you get to see quite a lot.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,894 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing with Taxi cheaper than Hop On/Off bus?

Make an organised list of what you want to see and in a transport effective order and go for the taxi. The Dubai HOHO bus was one of the worst I've done and we tend to do them in most of the countries we visit. It's not cheap either.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
5,265 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sightseeing with Taxi cheaper than Hop On/Off bus?

I found sightseeing by taxi really reasonable and I was on my own. Definitely would work out more reasonable compared to HOHO with that many of you and you get to go where you want, when you want to. As others have said, just do your research first so you know ath you want to see.

4. Re: Sightseeing with Taxi cheaper than Hop On/Off bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 06:23