We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

Winchester, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

We have booked a holiday to Atlantis the Palm in March and will be travelling with our daughter who will have just turned 1 year old. I understand you cannot take in home cooked food. Does that apply to jars of baby food? Also what is the quality of cow's milk like? Would it be better to take formula with us? Is that allowed? Thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

Hi,

I think you will be ok with Baby Food and formula (powder) milk. When we last went my child was 4 years old and we took formula milk along with a travel kettle to warm bottled water. We stayed at Jumierah Zaabel Saray. If they did not have any issues, then am sure Atlantis will be ok. They are both 5 star Hotels. If I was you, I would ask them directly by email just to double confirm.

The formula milk was an exception for him, as it was a Holiday Abroad. I don't like to use milk abroad, but that is a personal choice, so I can't comment on the quality of cow milk in Dubai.

Hope this helps.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

This may also help you

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k48…

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,522 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

Buy it all there.

Winchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

Thanks, just a bit concerned as the hotel is quite remote and not sure what access we would have to supermarkets.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,770 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

The milk is fine to drink.

Atlantis will supply any extra milk you need if you ask.

The nearest large supermarket is Spinneys at the marina ,which is about 10-15 minutes away by cab.

I know there is a lot of this advice already in the link provided but seriously save yourself the luggage space and just carry what you need for the flight - everything can be bought in Dubai, often cheaper than in the UK.

And as for bottled water - don't use mineral water for a baby, boiled or not. It may be fine for a 4 year old but the mineral content is too high for babies. They sell distilled water for making babies bottles in the supermarket or you could just ask Atlantis for filtered water you can boil.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
663 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

I'd also keep this in mind (they're on the palm and they deliver):

http://www.milkandhoney.ae/home.php

Winchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

Great advice everyone thank you.

8. Re: Traveling to Dubai with a 1 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21