We have just booked a last minute family holiday to Dubai
12th -19th Jan
7 of us, 5 adults two children age 5 and 3
staying first three nights, 2 bed executive suite at Atlantis the palm
last four nights, 3 bed apartment in Grosvenor house
got lots of Qs
- firstly it looks like the weather is not great, is it warm enough for beach, sunbathing, pools, waterpark ?
- assume we do not need to bother / consider marhaba services on arrival if flying business class.
- need to buy some duty free, a new waterproof camera, sunglasses etc, are these likely to be cheaper at arrivals in DXB or in departures at LHR
- any preference between using the complimentary Atlantis Hotel or Emirates airline transfers
- do we need to book the swim with dolphins etc at Atlantis in advance, or can we wait till we arrive
- are the half board vouchers at the atlantis to a fixed value per meal or set meals
- best way to get between atlantis and grosvenor house ; ferry, metro, taxi ?
- is groupon dubai the best place to book desert safari etc
- any must do activities, tips, advice for the kids (age 5 and 3)
- traditional souvenirs we should buy to take back (nothing too tacky)
- anything worth buying in dubai that is better value than the UK
- told must see / do are - (anything missed ?)
burj khalifa - book to go to top
boat rides on burj lake at night to see fountains
penguin show in ski dome
4 x4 desert safari
any hints, tips advice you can give us would be most appreciated