We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, Tips and Advice Please

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Help, Tips and Advice Please

We have just booked a last minute family holiday to Dubai

12th -19th Jan

7 of us, 5 adults two children age 5 and 3

staying first three nights, 2 bed executive suite at Atlantis the palm

last four nights, 3 bed apartment in Grosvenor house

got lots of Qs

- firstly it looks like the weather is not great, is it warm enough for beach, sunbathing, pools, waterpark ?

- assume we do not need to bother / consider marhaba services on arrival if flying business class.

- need to buy some duty free, a new waterproof camera, sunglasses etc, are these likely to be cheaper at arrivals in DXB or in departures at LHR

- any preference between using the complimentary Atlantis Hotel or Emirates airline transfers

- do we need to book the swim with dolphins etc at Atlantis in advance, or can we wait till we arrive

- are the half board vouchers at the atlantis to a fixed value per meal or set meals

- best way to get between atlantis and grosvenor house ; ferry, metro, taxi ?

- is groupon dubai the best place to book desert safari etc

- any must do activities, tips, advice for the kids (age 5 and 3)

- traditional souvenirs we should buy to take back (nothing too tacky)

- anything worth buying in dubai that is better value than the UK

- told must see / do are - (anything missed ?)

burj khalifa - book to go to top

boat rides on burj lake at night to see fountains

penguin show in ski dome

shopping malls

gold souk

yacht trip

4 x4 desert safari

any hints, tips advice you can give us would be most appreciated

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, Tips and Advice Please

I suggest you do some of your own research by reading through the forum (there's currently a thread on whether it's too cold to swim, for instance) and also read the Top Questions on the right side of this screen.

Dubai
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, Tips and Advice Please

Thanks, for Sharing such a nice information ,

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, Tips and Advice Please

better if you can make arrangements by your own. If you have lack of time i will suggest you to go with one stop tourism dubai. We just had our New Year Tour with them as we taken some services, likely safari, city tour, dhow cruse.

HT

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,092 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, Tips and Advice Please

Many of your questions are already answered in particular I'd take a look at the top questions to the right of the posts page, especially the section called Things for kids to do in Dubai

I'll just add some of the more specific answers.

In comparison to Cardiff the weather will be great - you'll need to decide when you get there if it is warm enough for you to swim etc.

I wouldn't bother with Marhaba if you are flying BC BUT the airport is busiest between 9pm and 3am - if your flight lands during those hours then you may want Marhaba but it is a personal choice - you might pay for it and sail through regretting the money you spend OR you may decide not to pay for it and wish you had.

Duty free is easier to buy in Dubai because you don't have to carry it as far as for the other items then due to the relative weakness of the £ to the Dirham then they may be cheaper in the UK - depends what you buy.

If you want something specific book it - that way you won't be disappointed and I'd definitely do that for Burj Khalifa now.

Half board vouchers can be used in several restaurants for lunch or dinner and you get a credit towards a meal in their al la carte restaurants.

If you have luggage and don't want to mess around then the only way to get to Grosvenor House from Atlantis is by taxi

5. Re: Help, Tips and Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:18