We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Hello! We would love to visit the Burj Al Arab for afternoon tea, but we understand that we cannot visit the SkyView bar as children are not allowed. We have two children aged 9 and 11, can we only have afternoon tea with them in the Sahn Eddar? I can't seem to find alot of people revewing it with children. Has anyone been before with children? I'm hoping its child friendly and not too stuffy for them, and that they aren't made to feel unwelcome. Its alot of money, and want to make sure they enjoy the experience also :)

Thankyou

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

You can go in Shan Eddar or Junsui (which serves an Asian afternoon tea)

It's on the mezzanine level of the lobby so isn't stuffy but I don't know your children so can't say how they will feel.

There are nicer and much cheaper afternoon teas to be had in Dubai several with better views than Sahn Eddar or Junsui but then you wont be in the Burj Al arab

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Thanks Latimer for the quick response. What would be your recommendations for other places with children for afternoon tea so I can research them?

I was thinking of something special to do on our last day which would be on a Friday. Also looked at possibly brunch at Al Qasar? Would this maybe be a better option?

Thankyou

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Lots of places do afternoon tea; two of my favourites are Ritz Carlton and Samouvar in the Arabian Court at the One & Only. Both much cheaper than the Burj but not in the Burj so if seeing it is your objective then Sahn Eddar is best.

As it is Friday then actually you could go into Al Muntaha in the Burj for brunch as it is on the same level as Skyview bar. You will get the views and children are allowed. They don't serve afternoon tea in Skyview bar on Fridays.

Or brunch at Al Qasr is a nice alternative but brunch in Al Muntaha will get you to the skyview bar level in the Burj

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Wonderful! Thankyou so much for your help again Latimer! Will look into the above. Many thanks :)

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Hi - can someone tell me the actual cost of afternoon tea in Sahn Eddar and can it be booked only at the Hotel website or do travel agencies handle this also.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Hi - how much does afternoon tea cost at Sahn Eddar and do travel agencies have different deals on this.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 22:38
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Book it on the hotel web site.

https:/…

No one has deals on it and if you book through a travel agent then all you will pay is more. It's easy enough to book on the web site and you just make your own way there by taxi.

The cost is listed on the web site - 425 dirham pp for ultimate afternoon tea and 300 dirham pp for high tea. There are currently 6.2 dirham to the £

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,891 posts
1,773 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Book with the hotel directly and in advance as numbers are limited. If you book via a travel agent you will pay a mark up.

Middle England
Level Contributor
41 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Be aware - I booked brunch for 2 weeks time at the Al Qasr, and they now say that they don't offer a Kids brunch, or any childrens activities.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,950 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with children?

Al Qasr has a kids club but do not offer any children activity in the restaurant itself.

Have a look at the Sindbad's kid club: jumeirah.com/en/…

They have normally a section for children with finger food but no a specific kids brunch.

Are you sure there was not a misunderstanding?