We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it expensive

Kent
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Is it expensive

I am off to Dubai in September, for 4 night.

How much money would I need for food and drink?

any help would be great!!!

Withlocals
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours
Ripe Market
Farmers Markets
Dubai Urban Adventures
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it expensive

I would say Dubai is expensive but depends how you would like to eat and shop..

I dont drink alcohol but like to eat in decent places.. Not exactly fine dining but good food.. Some days i could spend only around 300-400AED but some i could extend to 600-800AED.

I would budget in at least £100 per day plus drinks..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
215 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it expensive

It's only as expensive as how you make it to be. My wife and I set a $200 budget a day for five days for meals and taxi/train fares (which were surprisingly cheap). We were able to stay within our budget everyday and still ate pretty well. Having free breakfast buffet in our hotel every morning also helped. We were also able to utilize the free shuttle to Jumeriah beach and to the malls. We also utilized the local markets for some snacks and water. If you have any activities or excursions in mind, I suggest you book and pay for it in advance so you don't really feel it. Have a great time in Dubai!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it expensive

I could get lots of change out of £100 per day if it didn't include alcohol.

If you have a breakfast included within your hotel then ensure you have it. I only have a snack around lunch time and then an evening meal. I'm not into fancy expensive food, but do like a nice meal in good surroundings. And I'd expect change out of £100 for that.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it expensive

It is as expensive or as cheap as you want it to be.

Take a look at the top questions to the right of the posts page - there is a section towards the bottom called 'Is Dubai Expensive'

U.K
Level Contributor
327 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it expensive

I have been four times and never over spent. There are so many special deals in bars and restaurants and if you do your homework before hand and plan, you can have a great time and spend wisely

Kent
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it expensive

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thankyou all very much for your help and advice, it was much appreciated and did help!!

Thankyou once more!

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it expensive

Hi jessica i am going in september too its our first time so any tips would be good.

Hazel

8. Re: Is it expensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:17