We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in may

oldham, manchester
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
hotel in may

Hi everyone,

Just quick question , I'm going to Dubai in May for my 30th, can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay at fir 5 nights. Preferably near the palm and looking at spending up to 800 for 5 nights if the hotel is amazing, though we are happy to stay somewhere cheaper as we will be spending all our time out and about. Many thanks Danny

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,418 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in may

I take it you're looking for a beach hotel? If you opt for the Palm there is nothing there but hotels and you need a taxi to get you around.

All the hotels along the beach are excellent but all come at different prices so I'd do some price comparisons and see what falls within your budget.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in may

Not sure why you want to stay by the Palm and if that is £800 then most hotels with their own beach in May will be over £200 a night. You could try

Fairmont, which is on the palm trunk but you'll need to take taxis for anything else you want to do

or

Hilton Jumeirah Beach

Mina Seyahi

Habtour Grand

as they are the cheapest hotels with their own beach and closest - about 5 or 10 minutes by taxi from the base of the palm.

If you are looking at spending all of your time out and about then I would stay away from the palm and closer to a metro link that will enable you to get around the city more easily in which case there are lots of options in your budget.

Here is a map - it's not to scale and distances are deceptive so are much further than they appear. It's actually the BIg Bus tour map but it helps as all places of interest are on it.

…bigbustours.com/UploadedFiles/DUBAI_DAY_TOU…

Dubai is split into 4 main areas

The creek to the bottom left, which is the oldest and most traditional part; with Deira to the left of the creek and Bur Dubai to the right. You can walk all round the creek.

Downtown and Sheikh Zayed Road - the area around Burj Khalifa and the thick grey line running through the map (this is the main arterial road through Dubai towards Abu Dhabi and the metro runs parallel to it). This is a very popular area with many shops and a lakeside promenade

Al Barsha, which is the area around Mall of the Emirates and has good metro links

The Marina and Jumeirah beach walk up at the top right of the map - this is the newest area and has many nice hotels it is more touristy and less traditional than Deira and Bur Dubai and you can walk the length of the beach, which is around 1 mile of cafes and restaurants. Hotels in this area are some of the most expensive and anything with private beach access even more so.

3. Re: hotel in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:18