We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport expiry guidlines

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
2 posts
Save Topic
passport expiry guidlines

my passport expires on 21/8/14 - I return to England from Dubai on 22/2/14, therefore I am one day over the 6 month guideline. Do I need to renew my passport before I travel?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,302 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport expiry guidlines

It is a requirement that's there's 6 months validity left on the passport. Why not renew it now and any time left on the existing passport will be transferred to your new passport. Then you have no worries. Time is of the essence if you're flying mid February.

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: passport expiry guidlines

Thanks, I think I will just hope I can get renewed in time

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,372 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport expiry guidlines

You can use their express service and that should be plenty of time

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport expiry guidlines

do not understand the problem. The six month validity is from date of entry not date of exit. So if you returning from Dubai on the 22/2/14 then you will arrive sometime before.

But as you are worried , renew passport as the others have said.

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport expiry guidlines

I have travelled with a friend who had six months left on his passport but was cutting it fine. The check-in staff at Emirates questioned him for a bit and warned him about over-staying so rather than risk being off-loaded, I would definitely renew.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport expiry guidlines

Your passport validity of 6 months on date of arrival into UAE - this is applicable for travel into Dubai (or UAE). The period of less than 6 months in terms of returning to your own country should not matter. OP's query seems like she is worried about UK?

7. Re: passport expiry guidlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:18