We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

we are travelling Dubai first time with our two daughters both under 5 years old.

Wife is keen on staying at Atlantis, the Palm but i am eager to stay at JBH.

Any suggestions please!!!! "for and against" would be helpful in making decision.

Thanks in advance!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

I must caveat this by saying I am not a fan of Atlantis but I will try to think of at least one 'for'

Wild Wadi waterpark at JBH is better for smaller children than Aquaventure at Atlantis. NB WIld Wadi is closed until 12th Feb 2014 - don't know if that effects your timeframe

The kids club (Sinbads) is free at JBH but they charge to use the kids club at Atlantis.

Next to JBH you have the Madinat Jumeirah resort and can travel between the two by buggy. In here you have a faux souk, shops, cafes and over 40 restaurants all set around lovely waterways.

JBH is also much closer to the malls and any of the fab things for kids to do in them. Take a look at the Things for kids to do in Dubai section of the top questions.

Atlantis is isolated with nothing around it and a 5km taxi ride just to get to the mainland.

The beach at JBH is nicer as the beach at Atlantis is rocky in places.

The beach at JBH faces out to the gulf, whereas the beach at Atlantis faces in to the city and the monorail track.

Hmmmm !

There's an aquarium at Atlantis but there isn't one at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. There you see I did think of one.

I'm sure you'll get replies from people saying how fabulous Atlantis is and that they love it there - in my experience most folk who have stayed at both prefer JBH.

It is a fairly regular topic so I'll dig out a few more for you to have a look at

tripadvisor.co.uk/…51979199

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k61…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k32…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…44112347

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k50…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k36…

Bristol, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

Dear Latimer,

thanks for such elaborative response,it would certainly help us to decide about either one.

would appreciate opinions from parents with younger children who visited Dubai in recent days.

Thanks once again!!!!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

I visited with my family, 3 young children

I've stayed at both hotels, and although they are absolutely amazing, I would defo recommend JBH as they are extremely family friendly! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

I couldn't decide

So I booked both!

I have a 3 yr old so I will say jbh is a true 5 star experience while Atlantis is a grand experience

Jumeirah service and comfort is unbeatable while Atlantis setup offers real wow factor

But..for a small kid jbh is better without question

But i am glad I bkd both

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

JBH is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in terms of service , cleanliness and food .

My family and I love this hotel and visit every year . We have two boys 9 & 7 and they love it . Kids club is fab !

This year , we are staying in JBH but also staying at Atlantis for 4 days to give it a try .

Can't wait .

Hope you enjoy too

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

JBH is the best. more child friendly and closer to the action.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

We stayed at the Atlantis for 8 nights last July with a 6&3 year old. Never stayed at JB so can't comment.

We are retuning this august for two weeks, the staff were fantastic towards the children and the pools are maintained by life guards everywhere.

Yes the water park is aimed at bigger kids, but the children's section had mine entertained for hours!!

Distance from the malls was not an issue as you need a cab to most places!

We took advantage of BA's sale with half board which worked out cheaper than Spain!!

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

We booked Atlantis for our feb trip with out 2 year old based on the fact that for a 1 bed suite HB Atlantis was a LOT cheaper!!

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

We booked Atlantis for our feb trip with out 2 year old based on the fact that for a 1 bed suite HB Atlantis was a LOT cheaper!!

To give an idea 1 week Atlantis 1 bed terrace suite with HB was £4500 and JBH 1 bed suite with HB was £6500!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis,the palm OR Jumeirah beech hotel???? Can't decide

The Atlantis keeps sending me special offers and have to say that some are very good deals whilst the JBR never has offers or at least I've never seen any but so far I still haven't been tempted by Atlantis and always return to th JBR.