We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

I have often enjoyed reading other people's trip reports particularly the live ones so I thought I would give it a go. We have a 22 month old son so those of you looking for a trip report with excitement adventure are going to be sorely disappointed.

A short introduction; This is our third trip to Dubai. After staying at the Jumeirah Creekside one the last two occassions and being disappointed by the second visit we decided a change was in order. We settled on Jumeirah Zabeel Saray but were hesitant to stay there for the whole holiday given its location on the Palm. We decided on 4 nights at JZS and 4 at Jumeirah Creekside. The JH's General Manager's response to my feedback on this site in relation to our last visit was encouraging so we decided to give them another chance. We do also have an emotional attachment to the JH as it was where we stayed on our first visit to Dubai.

We booked Emirates and travelled from Heathrow. Due to code share arrangements we ended up on a Qantas plane. I had never travelled on Qantas before and cant say I was impressed and there is no comparison with Emirates. No kids packs for the children, let alone a soft toy of colouring book. Food was unremarkable, gave cool welcome and seemed rather detached. Certainly not the stereotypical aussie. Arrived in Dubai just before 8 in the morning to an empty immigration hall to my immense delight as i had not booked the marhaba service. Had booked it on previous occasions but had not had really felt the full benefit as immigration was always empty when we arrived. Had booked hotel transfer to JZS and were whisked away in a Lincoln Navigator after being offered a cool towel and a cold water. Arrived at the hotel to be met at the entrance by the guest relations manager and checked in personally by her. No idea why as only contact with her was an email from me requesting a baby cot. JZS is amazing, jaw dropping. I know some people think it is over the top and a bit too much but i love it. The room a king sea view deluxe was a corner room on the 5th floor with views of the the sea from both aspects and a balcony. I must confess to being one of those guests who pick up on not so clean areas and complain. There was nothing to complain about. Even beebzy was excited and kept running up and down and squealing with delight. We had booked the friday brunch in the Imperium but were disappointed. Had not realised there would be so much sea food and while i enjoy sea food i was expecting more variety in the fare. As a result we did not eat much and our plans of not having dinner were abandoned to dinner in the Plaj restuarant by the beach to ...you guessed it a sea food buffet...groan! Luckily there was some steak so filled up on that and went to bed tired but feeling throughly pleased with our current surroundings.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

How lovely to get a trip report and a live one as well - we don't get that many at this time of year.

I love the JZS and the bling of the entrance but like you think it is great for a few days rather than a longer time - perhaps you'll change your mind and not want to leave.

And don't be surprised about the welcome from the guest relations manager - all the Jumeirah hotels reservations information are linked are linked and they would know you had a problem at JC last time so will be doing the 'Jumeirah' thing to make sure you are happy. Watch out for more special guest treatment at JC as they will have noted your comments from last year and be delighted you are giving them a second chance.

Will wait to find out

Edited: 19 January 2014, 14:00
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

An empty Immigration Hall would be a first for me. I'm still waiting in that respect.

The corner room sounds lovely. That would suit me down to the ground as would the vast choice of sea food. Yummy.

Glad you're enjoying your stay there.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 15:18
London
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

Ohhh goody... A trip report! Just what I need to keep me going - looking forward to the next installment :-)

4. Re: Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 18:02
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

A trip report- how lovely!

Glad you're off to a great start. I second what Latimer said, Jumeirah hotels are linked and they would probably try to make it up to you after the last visit.

Look forward to the next report :)

6. Re: Live Trip Report The Palm and Creekside Day 1 17 January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:19