We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont know where to start ..

belgium
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dont know where to start ..

Can you help me please ?

We travel in begin of march , 3 kids ,2 adults.

We stay in the marina ( first a copple of days in ocean pearl hotel , then in Silverene appartements.

what can you people help me with???

1. Can you give me some restaurants to visit with the kids ( we prefer european, italian )

2.Is nearby the silverene appartement a supermarket ?

3.We would like to spend a day at the beach with the burj al arab in the vieuw , wich beach do we take and can we go by foot to there?

4. i checked the website of the voucherentertainer , do i buy the "entertainer dubai 2014" for vistiting the restaurants in the marina , and do i find also vouchers for wild wadi waterpark in this book?

Many thanks !

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,732 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
220 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,416 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
194 reviews
from US$231.08*
Germany
Level Contributor
259 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont know where to start ..

There are plenty of restaurants in the area. We liked Shakespeare and Co. in the Dubai Marina Mall a lot and also Carluttios. On The Walk you will find a wide choice of all type of restaurants.

There is a Waitrose in the Dubai Marina Mall and a Carrefour in the building next to it, might even be inside the Silverene Towers, however am not sure.

You will see the Burj al Arab in the far distance from the beach infront of the Hilton. It is about 10 minutes from where you are going to stay. The best view at the Burj you will get from Jumeirah Beach further north. Also it can be very well seen from Wild Wadi.

If your children are not too little, the ferry ride from Dubai Marina to Al Ghubaiba (near Gold Souq) might be of interest to you, as you can see the entire skyline of Dubai. However the ride takes about 90 minutes, which might be too much with little children. The boat leaves only once a day at 4.30 p.m. For the way back you will need to take a taxi or ride the metro.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,323 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont know where to start ..

3. The public beach closest to the Marina with a close up view of the Burj al Arab is Sunset Beach next to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. It will take around 10 minutes to get there by taxi.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 22:17
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
663 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dont know where to start ..

4. Yes. The "Dubai" book has casual restaurants plus all the activities vouchers. Only higher end restaurants are in the Fine Dining book.

belgium
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dont know where to start ..

hello,

Were with 5 ( 2 adults , 3 kids ) have you any idea if i will need 1 book or 2 ?

Thank you !!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
663 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dont know where to start ..

1 should be enough unless you plan to visit venues more than once.

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dont know where to start ..

Hi Latimer; isn't the beach next to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel at the end of Al Thanya Street called Umm Suqeium Beach? I thought the Sunset beach was further down in Jumeirah by the Sunset Mall? But I might be wrong!

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dont know where to start ..

If you want a special Italian night out, I would recommend Bice at the Hilton. Excellent food and ambiance but it's quite a grown-up option.

8. Re: Dont know where to start ..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:18