We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting Dubai

I am a diabetic and have 8 kinds of medicines that I have to carry with me during my travel. I believe they are very strict on any form of drugs. Will I be in trouble to carry my medicine? What should I do to have it with me.

Please reply to esbuenaventura@sympatico.can

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Dubai

What you should do is search the forum as this is a very common question and you will find lots of information which will reassure you that you have nothing to worry about.

Dubai has a controlled drugs list, just like every other country in the world. All you need to do is carry your medication in its original packaging with a copy of your prescription or a doctor's letter. There is no need to declare any medicines. It's best to carry essential medication in your hand luggage just in case your checked baggage goes astray. This advice is the same for foreign travel to any country in the world, not just Dubai.

The government of Dubai has no interest in stopping visitors bringing in medication that is legally prescribed for them and as such there is no banned list.

2. Re: Visiting Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:18