We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

How long will it take in a taxi from the Hilton to the Burj Khalifa, we have a booking for 5pm

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

Depends what day. On a Thursday I would say leave the hotel at 15:45 to be safe, other days it could be as late as 16:10.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,654 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

You really need to be at the ticket office around 15-20 minutes before your ticket time and it's easy for those of us who know Dubai and who know how to get to Burj Khalifa viewing platform area to be a little light on timings - if you are a first time visitor you'll also have to find the entrance in Dubai Mall, which whilst it is well signposted, the mall is so huge that it can easily take 10 minutes to get from one end to the other whilst walking at speed and not stopping to look in any shops.

I wouldn't leave it as late as 4.10pm on any day just in case and would want to be in a taxi by 3.30 - 3.45

Remember that the ticket office and entrance to Burj Khalifa are inside the Dubai Mall so direct the taxi driver to drop you at the mall rather than at Burj Khalifa itself - otherwise you'll find yourself running between the two to make your ticket time

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

Thanks for the replies, any idea how much I should expect to pay for the taxi

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,654 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

The taxis are all metered so you just pay what it says on the meter plus a round up to the nearest 10 if you want to tip.

Around 50 to 60 dirham

Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

Since you're staying at Hilton Jumeirah, I must ask you what you think of the hotel. I'm planning to go there in April, staying at the Hilton Residence. How is breakfast? How is the private baech area and the oceans water quality?

Edited: 06 February 2014, 21:03
Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

Hi ninawithfamily,

We're not going until Later on this month but can let you know when we get back

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,654 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

Hi Nina

The poster hasn't been yet. For reviews of both the Hilton residences and the hotel you could look here

There are 489 reviews for the residences

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d2526…

and 2, 273 reviews for the hotel.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d3066…

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

I've stayed 3 times at the hilton! once in the Resort and the other 2 times in the residences. I think it's a great location and like all the different garden areas overlooking the beach. The beach itself is nice but I'm not a huge fan of sand so I prefer being able to be beside it, but not on it.

One time I got an discounted upgrade to the executive rooms in the residence and they had a very nice buffet in the lounge. Mostly though I just order room service for breakfast and there is a wide choice with that.

I've eaten in pachanga (South American restaurant) and BICE (the upmarket Italian and both are good. The bar/restaurant in the gardens/beach are gets busy and doesn't have a huge range, but is ok. There are plenty cheaper alternatives just a few minutes walk away on the Walk.

9. Re: Hilton Jumerahi to Burj Khalifa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:19