We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Sim

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Sim

I am travelling to Dubai for 4 days in mid Feb.

Looking to buy a local Dubai sim card for the same. Major usage would be data.

Can any1 suggest which is the best operator there & how to take a SIM? Is it instantly available in the airport?

Or we should buy the expensive SIMs Matrix is providing where 500 MB data is charges 150 AED & Calls to India is almost 2 AED per min.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Medellin
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Sim

Elisat - is the one i bought - you need your passport and can buy with different prepaid plans at the airport.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Sim

There are several posts relating to this and if you use the search box above your post you will find them. Below is a link to one of them.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k60…

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Sim

How much time it takes to activate the same?

The old thread isn't giving sufficient information.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
663 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Sim

Takes a few minutes to activate the sim card. Just let the sales person know you want to use it and it should be working soon.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
116 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai Sim

You cab buy a Du sim at the airport by arrivals for 55 Dhs. This gives you about 20 Dhs of credit for calls. You can then add as much data as you want - 1GB valid for 30 days is 200dhs

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai Sim

If memory serves me right, not too long ago Etisalat had a 5GB offer at 295 AED (30 day).

Worth checking.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai Sim

I bought a Du SIM when I arrived.They have a booth at the airport, and activated on the spot for you.

There are options available which they will explain to you.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai Sim

Hey,

I was in Dubai Last week and Got a Sim from DU, I bought 1 Gig of Data and also 20 AED credit for some calls in addition i got 10 Min Free CALL as a bonus.

Total cost was 150 AED Which is 40 USD.

The Coverage is great. No Complaints.

Du is in the Arrival Terminal on the LEFT as you walking to the greetings area. The Process was quick and they just needed my passport.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9. Re: Dubai Sim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 06:16