We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal Guide for a day Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Personal Guide for a day Dubai

Hi all,

I'm looking at 2 long layovers in Dubai next month- 12noon til 8am, and 7am til 2:45am. I will be traveling by myself, and was hoping y'all could recommend a person/company that can:

1)pick me up/drop me off at the airport

2) take me around town and act as a tour guide

I'd like to see the Burj Kahlifa, the old gold and spice souks and if possible, a desert safari (camel ride is a plus!)

I believe I will qualify for Emirates-paid hotel on the first leg, any tips on which hotel to choose?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,722 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Personal Guide for a day Dubai

There is no need to have a guide and the vast majority of people don't bother. Dubai is very safe and easy to get around on your own. Is there a particular reason you want a guide?

You'll have time for a desert safari and they all have camel rides.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Personal Guide for a day Dubai

I agree, Dubai is very safe and not too big. You could also do take advantage of the Big Bus tour on either leg.

3. Re: Personal Guide for a day Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 07:42