We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

Lincoln
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

Hi all.

I'm traveling from London Gatwick to Dubai towards the end of June this year. Flying economy class with emirates on the a380 and the flight time is 21.15 - 7.20+ . Never flown a night flight before so just wanted to know a bit about food & drinks service (what food would be offered and would drinks be served at that time?) and anything else really! All info appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

If you go to 'manage my booking' on the Emirates site you can choose your seat and also choose if you want a special meal - vegetarian, Asian, low salt etc.

Emirates are generous with their drinks. There's usually a drinks service before the meal and you can get drinks at any point during the flight by calling the attendant (and hoping they come) or, the better option in my opinion, going up to the galley and asking for whatever you want. On your flight you'll get dinner shortly after take off and breakfast before landing.

You can also get snacks during the flight by going to the galley and asking.

Haddenham, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

arrived in Dubai yesterday on an A380 economy from Heathrow. Admittedly not a night flight, but absolutely loved the aircraft - all very fresh & new, so much space, fantastic entertainment / info choices, food & drink service excellent, & crew all very efficient & friendly. Wasn't so impressed with service at DXB, but you can't win them all! Hope you have a good trip

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,418 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

You could also post on the air forum.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

I've never really noticed any different on the A380 economy to any other big plane. Emirates in-flight entertainment is great on all their flights, I certainly miss it if I travel on another airline with less on offer.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

I agree Emirates entertainment is great. It's one of the few airlines where I don't end up amusing myself with my IPad.

As others have said, they'll service dinner (which is one of the better out of economy in flight catering) and are generous with drinks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

Flew on this in late Jan.

EK boarding and flight crew were worse than poor.

Flight delayed (it happens) but no info given and kept crammed in a small lounge with no water facilities for another 90 minutes. It got hot, very hot. Several passengers complained and were told they could not leave to buy bottled water - if they did their bags would be off-loaded. One man and wife did after giving up their boarding passes.

When finally onto flight the first drinks were offered over 2 hours into the flight and then we were told they only had one bottle per passenger. Whether true or not that was all we got for entire flight. Dinner came with tea/coffee 50 minutes after the meal given out. No second round of tea/coffe.

When flight got into Dubai there was a rush for the water fountains on the terminal side of the lounges.

7. Re: Emirates A380 Gatwick - Dubai Economy Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2015, 07:15