We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

san juan
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Topic
Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

Hi !

Planning my first ever visit to Dubai. Already had check a lot of the Top questions and think I really have a good idea of how to spend our time (7/6 nights). One of the options I considered is to get a two day Big Bus Dubai-Abu Dhabi package. Reading other posts i've noticed that it will take a big part of a day enjoying the sites and stopping in some of them before 5pm. My question is where to spend the Dubai segment of the tour: The Blue or the Red? Looking at the Metro Map, I can see that many of the main attractions in the Blue Tour can be seen just by travelling on the Metro. Am I right? Thanks in advance four your help.

Gilberto

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Big Bus Tours
Big Bus Tours
8,910 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Dubai Metro
Dubai Metro
28,600 Reviews
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

The metro doesn't go anywhere near the beach so if anything that you want to see is by the beach then the blue tour is better.

The red line for the Big Bus tour circles the creek area.

Edited: 14 February 2014, 15:49
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,574 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

You can swap from one to the other.

san juan
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

Thanks. Really not interested in beach. I'm from the Caribbean (Puerto Rico). Didnt know that you can switch. Thank for the tip.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,574 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

From recollection there is just one point where the bus and blue routes meet. We swapped over at this point as we joined the tour at the Madinat which was the area we were staying. It involved a walk over the road which was not busy and a single carriageway, so relatively easy.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

Hi,

I will be in Dubai for 5 nights in November 2014 and would like to visit Ferrari World. I have looked into using the 'Big Red Bus Tour' combined ticket which includes a tour of Dubai and Abu Dhabi with transportation in between. I was then planning at getting off at Yas Island next to Ferrari World then getting the Red Bus back to Dubai. Has anyone done this?

Any help would be much appreciated...I do not want to pay astronomical amounts for a private taxi from Dubai to Yas Island.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
11,672 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

You've asked your question twice so I'll reply here and you may want to remove the other one.

I suppose it depends on your timings and if you will get anything else out of the Big Bus Tour as to use the tour just to go to Ferrari world will work out more expensive than a taxi.

Taxis in the UAE are cheap, especially in comparison to UK taxi fares and I've never seen an astronomical fare. At taxi between Dubai and Ferrari world will take around 50 minutes to 75 minutes depending on where in Dubai you are starting from and the cost will be roughly 170 or so each way (£27)

Mentioned in this post
Big Bus Tours
Big Bus Tours
8,910 Reviews
Dubai
Dubai
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
11,672 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
san juan
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

Also, there are regular buses to and from Abu Dhabi very cheap. Of course, there are no as fast as taxis. I took the bus and it was very good. They even sell coffee and goodies to eat while on the trip.i

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
8. Re: Big Bus Tours...Blue or Red route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 07:16