We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis: water park in February

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
253 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis: water park in February

Hello,

I see that the temperature are low this time by Dubai standards. Can anyone advise if one should visit the Atlantis water park? I am planning to stay there for one night with my family.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

We visited last week, temperature approx 23 degrees.The Aquaventure water was quite cold and I'm used to English temperatures!

It was OK once we were in the water and if the sun was out but pretty cold in the shady tunnel parts.

I see you're from Kuwait so I suspect it will feel too cold for you but you can decide on the day?

The upside was that the park was fairly quiet with plenty of space and free sunloungers etc.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
253 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

Yes, we can decide on that day but the problem is our toddler who would WANT to go in once she sees the pool :)

If we are not using the water park, is it worth staying at Atlantis ?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,378 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

The water in most hotel pools (certainly the higher end ones) is heated at this time of year. If you are not going to go to the water park then stay on the mainland.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

Awww bless her. You could stay at Atlantis and go to Aquaventure if the water/weather is warm enough. As a guest of the hotel I believe you are entitled to free access to the water park so you could literally test the water before taking your little girl there. If it isn't warm enough then just use the hotel swimming pools which I assume are heated.

Atlantis is a good hotel unless you intend doing lots of sightseeing on the mainland. With a toddler I expect you will be happier in one place so Atlantis would be ideal.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
253 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

Thank you 15... Staying in Atlantis is for a change as we always stay with the family. Using heated pools is a good idea. Can't wait to come to Dubai

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
253 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

Do we get wetsuits/swimwear for rent in the waterpark?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,818 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

NO, but you can buy gear there.

London
Level Contributor
411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

We were at thenAtlantis 5-12 Feb and it was warm enough for us and our 2 year old...it's warmer now than when we went too. We only went twice in the week we were there....so much to do in the hotel! Excellent for a holiday with a small child.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
253 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

Goanewyear, can you guide me to do things with a 2 year old ?

London
Level Contributor
411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis: water park in February

We spent all our time in the pool, at the water park in the splashes but or my son loved the big rubber rings. His favourite activity was playing on the beach in the sand with a bucket and spade we purchased at the hotel. He was also mesmerised my the fish in the aquarium. It's a great hotel for a small child.