We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel choice: Hilton or Le Meridien Mina

Level Contributor
16 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel choice: Hilton or Le Meridien Mina

Hi, despite the fact we have been to Dubai several times, we have never stayed at the Hilton Jumeirah Hotels or Le Meridien Mina Seyahi. Now we have a choice to stay in one of those. Has anyone stayed at all these hotels and which one is recommended ? With Hilton we have a choice of Jumeirah Resort and Jumeirah Residences. I have read the description and feedback on all three, but am still unsure.

We will be travelling at the end of March, 2 adults + 1 child, 8 y.o.

Thanks !

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel choice: Hilton or Le Meridien Mina

My vote goes to the Meridien Mina Seyahi. I think it is the better hotel and has the nicer beach area.

The Hilton feels a bit older.

Location-wise both hotels are good. The Hilton is towards the end of the Walk. Nice areas to walk with lots of restaurants but can be a nightmare sometimes to get a taxi and drive through. The Meridien is close to Barasti, so you could go for a drink there and check on your child within 3 minutes walk.

The Meridien should be linked to the new tram - once this is open - which is I do not know when this year.

You might have some noise in both hotels.

The Meridien is close to the Barasti Bar. It is a great place but it creates some noise if you have a room with seaview. There is some construction work going on close to the Hilton.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,778 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel choice: Hilton or Le Meridien Mina

Of the three I would choose Hilton residence; it's the newest of the 3, you get more space than an hotel room, you get to use the pool and beach at the Hilton, you are right on the walk and it is marginally closer to walk to a metro station.

There is a kids club at the Hilton and Barasti bar is noisy, especially on the weekend nights

Level Contributor
16 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel choice: Hilton or Le Meridien Mina

Dear Dubai_Phil and Latimer - thanks to both of you for the very helpful tips. Best regards

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,737 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel choice: Hilton or Le Meridien Mina

All three are good hotels but I'd definitely pick the mina but opt for a land view room to avoid the weekend noise from Barasti - the hotel was closed for a year for a refurbishment so the rooms are quite new and fresh - it has a better stretch of beach than The Hilton and is not as crowded around the beach and pool. You also get full use of the Westin which is next door.

Both the hotels have kids clubs - The Hilton is a bit better located for being on the walk but Le Meriden is not too far away either (short taxi ride) and the walk can be a bit of a nightmare for traffic.

5. Re: Help with hotel choice: Hilton or Le Meridien Mina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:26