We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alone for 3 days suggestions for things to do

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
143 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
alone for 3 days suggestions for things to do

Hi there, im visiting a friend in australia for a month, flying via dubai....ive always fancied dubai so really felt i could not miss the chance to visit. Im a female so a bit worried how that will be taken there. My main worry is eating alone etc.....ive looked up some tours that i can go on, but really would like some help as to how to fill my days and nights. I will be staying in the fortune pearl hotel which i think is in the old town (deira).... thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alone for 3 days suggestions for things to do

Lone females visit all the time and also live there. It is no different to eating alone at home.

I wouldn't bother with any tours except the desert safari as Dubai is very easy to get around on your own by taxi or metro.

The forum is full of suggestions of thing to do and also lots of information in the top questions to the right of the posts page.

You could have a look at previous trip reports from lone female travellers by using the search engine, which is just above the posts.

Here are a few examples

tripadvisor.co.uk/…39141378

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k36…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k20…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k64…

There really is nothing to worry about and you will find that your 3 days are easily filled - is there anything that you would particularly like to do ?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,692 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alone for 3 days suggestions for things to do

No need to worry about being a lone female in Dubai, there are plenty of women here out and about on their own and you will be safer than in the UK.

uk
Level Contributor
143 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alone for 3 days suggestions for things to do

Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated.

4. Re: alone for 3 days suggestions for things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 07:16