We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

I'm trying to look at holidays for November 2014 - 2 people, 5/7 nights, flights and accommodation - but I'm struggling to find any all inclusive holidays.

Ideal preference would be a beach location (Jumeirah) and so far have been looking via Flight Centre, British Airways, and Virgin Holidays.

I'm hoping someone can provide a little insight into a good place to search/purchase All Inclusive holidays to Dubai, or whether Dubai isnt really the place for AI.

Any info/advice would be mint - UAE isnt really a location I'm that familiar with, so I could be barking up the wrong trees.

Bracknell, Berkshire
Level Contributor
276 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

Hi we have just researched all inclusive in Dubai and have settled for Jebel Ali Beach Resort give it a look through Letsgo2

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

Dubai doesn't really offer AI. Jebel Ali is the only one I'm aware of.

You can buy alcohol at the airport and take back to your hotel to drink in your room. Meals are as cheap or as expensive as you want them to be. There is an endless choice of restaurants offering good food. There's no need to look for AI.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

Jebel Ali is the only hotel directly on its own beach that offers AI and that is because it is 30 minutes from the outskirts of the city and therefore has nothing else in the immediate vicinity.

You can also get AI at IBN Battuta Gate hotel, which isn't on the beach but does have a shuttle to a beach club on the palm. It too is on the outskirts of the city but is close to a metro station for getting around.

If you want a beach holiday and don't mind being far out then Jebel Ali may suit but to be honest I really wouldn't bother with AI. As above you can eat out all over the city very reasonably and you can buy duty free on arrival to take to your room. Or you could look at combining B&B with club lounge access which provides alcohol for a couple of hours in the evening.

The choice (if you don't have AI) is huge.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

There are three hotels that offer AI in Dubai - The Jebel Ali (which includes the Palm Tree Court also), The Ibn Battuta Gate and The Jumeirah Movenpick.

The Jebel Ali is on the outskirts of Dubai but is probably the better out of the three for its AI package followed by The Ibn Battuta, The Jumeirah Movenpick is the most limited out of the three.

AI in Dubai can be worth it mainly for the cost of alcohol, but it is possible to go B&B and eat out drink out for quite reasonably in Dubai.

There are lots of AI hotels outside of Dubai in the other Emirates such as Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah but these hotels are very isolated and up to a couple of hours from Dubai.

Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

You won't be disappointed with AI in Jebel Ali.

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

I've been looking into this too, as quite fancy a relaxing AI holiday for later this year - have been to Dubai once before, so have done a few of the touristy things.

the new Anantara does a halfboard package (at least through Virgin Holidays), which looks good value - coming out just shy of £1k per person for 6/7 nights.

I'd be interested to hear of any other recommendations, though AI/Half Board does seem to be in short supply (compared to a Mexico / Egypt holiday for example).

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

Hi everyone - thanks for the replies and the insight. Really appreciated.

As I said, I have no real knowledge of Dubai, so its fantastic to get such a good response on this post.

There being very little AI in Dubai doesn't put me off, and in fact, it will probably be a good thing and allow us to see more of the location.

For my girlfriend and I, we want either 5 or 7 nights in Dubai, at a beach location, thats either near to the main city or plenty of attractions/shopping/restaurants.

With this in mind, what sort of hotel would people recommend (4* or greater) that we could stay at? Our budget, with flights included, would be around £1500 per person, but happy to stretch a little further for some extra luxury.

All thoughts and suggestions welcome!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

November is high season and hotels with their own beach are expensive and all 5* or 5* luxury there is nothing 4* with its own beach access.

You can stay in the city and be close to a public beach for a lot less than staying at an hotel with its own beach or you can stay on the outskirts of the city and be close to another public beach so you might have to compromise a bit to get something in your budget.

The Hilton Jumeirah is usually the cheapest hotel with its own beach and also Habtour, Mina Seyahi or Westin - anything else is likely to be way over budget or isolated at the end of the Palm making it difficult to get to the city. for other hotel suggestions see below.

Some hotels have promotions with free half board and that is worth considering but I certainly wouldn't want to eat in the same hotel every night so I'd swap my dinner for lunch on a few days and make sure I got the opportunity to eat out in some of the many fabulous places Dubai has to offer.

Here is a map, which hopefully will help - it's not to scale and distances are deceptive. It's actually the BIg Bus tour map but it helps as all places of interest are on it.

…bigbustours.com/UploadedFiles/DUBAI_DAY_TOU…

Dubai is split into 4 main areas

1. The creek to the bottom left of the map, which is the oldest and most traditional part; with Deira to the left of the creek and Bur Dubai to the right. Accommodation is cheapest here and many of the hotels offer shuttle buses to Jumeirah Beach Park, which you can see on the map at blue flag 15.

2. Downtown and Sheikh Zayed Road - the area around Burj Khalifa and the thick grey line running through the map (this is the main arterial road through Dubai towards Abu Dhabi and the metro runs parallel to it) This is a very vibrant area with lots of options for shopping and eating out. You can be at the beach park or a public beach in around 10 minutes by cab

3. Al Barsha, which is the area around Mall of the Emirates - good metro links but further to get to a public beach

4. The Marina and Jumeirah beach walk up at the top right of the map - this is the newest area and has many nice hotels it is more touristy and less traditional than Deira and Bur Dubai. The most expensive hotels are here with anything that has its own beach most expensive of all. If you want to stay close to a beach then some options in this area would be

Sofitel

Ramada Plaza

Ocean View

Movenpick

Amwaj Rotana

Suggest you pick an area and then find a couple of hotels you like the look of for your budget by using www.booking.com or www.expedia.com and then we can help to narrow it down.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

You're an absolute diamond, Latimer. That information was golden for me over the weekend, and I'm pleased to say, we're all booked up!

I had a look at all the mentioned hotels on TripAdvisor and went directly to my local travel agent. We'd got a week booked in the middle of November, flying from Gatwick with Emirates, staying at the Ocean View.

Managed to pick this up (bed and breakfast) with private transfers for £1034 per person, which I thought wasn't too bad.

The Ocean View has a rooftop infinity pool (which was a plus for the girlfriend), is close to a public beach, but also allows use of a private beach at their sister resort's location, with a free shuttle. A lot of friends have said that the marina location will be ideal for us, so we're really pleased with what we've booked.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped us out. If you have any recommendations of what we should do whilst we're out there, and where to eat (I love a good restaurant!), please feel free to give us some ideas.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lack of All Inclusive for Dubai

If you go to this link you can see reviews and travellers photos for that hotel.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d3297…

The private beach is at Jebel Ali resort and it is probably one of the nicest beaches so you'll enjoy going there once or twice.

For Things to do take a look at all of the top question to the right of the posts page as there is a lot of information in there including Dubai City Guide, Desert Safaris, Restaurants etc.

As you have B&B then you may want to buy an Entertainer book as most of the restaurants close to your hotel are in it and you can find out about it in the top questions