We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free Alcohol - transfer in Terminal 3

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Duty Free Alcohol - transfer in Terminal 3

I will be travelling from Sydney to Denmark on Emirates and need to change planes in Dubai. I wish to purchase some duty free alcohol in Sydney to take with me to Denmark as the brand is not available for purchase in Dubai. Will there be any issues in taking it onto the second plane if it is still in the sealed bag?

Many thanks

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty Free Alcohol - transfer in Terminal 3

Based on people's experiences, there really is no clear answer. Some have managed to transit with alcohol (not purchased at Dubai duty free) with no problem but there's a greater chance that they won't allow you. I guess it will depend on how much risk you are willing to take (cost of item, etc.).

Since Dubai isn't your final destination, I would review Dubai airport security regulations for transiting passengers then make a decision.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty Free Alcohol - transfer in Terminal 3

The liquids on flights regulations across the world mean that it will be taken off you, sealed bag or not.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,496 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty Free Alcohol - transfer in Terminal 3

It seems if you get them to put it in a tamper free bag you will be OK though I have never tried it yet.

See this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…54238981

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty Free Alcohol - transfer in Terminal 3

You really only save 10 % GST at the Airport. Buy it in Sydney not at the Airport (Duty Free) and pack it in your Checked Luggage then you will not have an issue.

5. Re: Duty Free Alcohol - transfer in Terminal 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:17