We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Mdication query.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Mdication query.

Hi guys,

I have a trip tomorrow to Dubai and I have to carry medication for BP and hypertension.

The medications are Olmetor 20mg(Contents:olmesartan medoxomil) and S-Numlo 5(contents:Amlodipine). These are both individually sealed packed and I have dosage for 7 days( 7 tablets pack of each). I do have a handwritten prescription for them but as you know in India the Doc's handwriting is something no body can decipher. Anyways will I have a problem at the airport and secondly do I carry them In my hand baggie or checked in baggage?

Edited: 27 February 2014, 17:27
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Mdication query.

You carry them in hand luggage so that they don't get lost.

The handwritten prescriptions should be fine. They've most probably seen others if they bother to ask which they don't normally.

There are lots of previous posts relating to medication if you use the search box above your question.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Mdication query.

As above, carry it in your hand luggage just in case your checked baggage goes astray.

There is no need to declare the medicine and it's very unlikely you'll be searched/asked about it.

The advice is the same for every medicine, it doesn't matter what it is and it's advice that should be followed for travel to every country, Dubai is no different to anywhere else.

3. Re: Dubai Mdication query.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:20