We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

Just wondering which is better for first timers to Dubai . Hubby voted for Atlantis but we got a good price for the jumeriah beach Hotel .

Any advice welcome

Thanks in advance

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

Have a read of this topic link. In it you will find many other links and on balance Jumeirah Beach wins 95% of the time. If the person has stayed at both the Jumeirah Beach wins 99.99999% of the time

tripadvisor.co.uk/…55351239

Just because the poster had kids doesn't take away the fact that Jumeirah Beach would still get my vote over Atlantis

Edited: 28 February 2014, 16:22
DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

JBH for sure. Everything else aside, the views you wake up to are enough of a reason to choose this hotel.

You can always visit Atlantis, if you feel so inclined :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,007 posts
1,794 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

In terms of location alone, JBH.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

JBH gets my vote too.. and everyone I have spoke to when we're in Dubai who has stayed at both agrees with me.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

JBH, the location is much better. Atlantis is stuck out at the end of the Palm and inconvenient to get anywhere else and the public areas are very busy.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

My vote goes to JBH

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

For us we ended up with Atlantis purely based on price. For the same size 1 bed suite HB atlantis was £1500 cheaper....we would happily have booked either. We had a lovely time but wouldn't hesitate to book JBH on another trip if price was right.

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

JBH- you do not have to just stay around 1 hotel

Mina a Salm,/ Al Qasr/ and DAM /with BAA in the centre wins everytime. shuttle bus to Emirates Mall/ free Wild Wadi , Madinet waterways

We stay in JBH each year when with grandchildren but we have stayed in all of the above without them.

Visited Atlantis and although lovely the drive to and fro was awful- very inconvenient.

I think this also of Jumeirah's Zabeel Saray- fantastic inside but up and down that trunk road ..........

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

Nakheel is now working hard on making the Palm a more appealing destination for visitors and Palm residents as well. This should bring in more business for hotels on the island as the thought of being so far from the mainland and with nothing else to do is a major deterrent.

Read about the Boardwalk project:

thenational.ae/uae/tourism/dubais-palm-jumei…

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantas Versus Jumeriah Beach

thanks fast track wonderful idea. But completion 2016