We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi day trip

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi day trip

Any regulars done trip ???

I was looking at booking a tour with Arabian adventures but not sure if it's too much to do in one day and you don't get a proper feel for the place

As this is our 7th visit to Dubai ,we thought. It would be great to visit AD and see the grand mosque instead of just lazing around the pool all day as usual

Any tips / help would be much appreciated , thanks

35 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

Yeah I find Latimer's suggestion of the bus from IBN Battuta Mall a good way to do it. 25 dirs each way taking you directly to the Abu Dhabi bus station. Advise to get there quite sharply if you do that as the spaces fill up on the bus quite quickly.

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

Hello all,

I have been to Dubai 2 times and on my next trip there I will planning a day trip to Abu Dhabi. I will be staying in one of the hotels in Dubai and was wondering what the best way to get to Abu Dhabi was from Dubai. I have heard of taking taxis and shuttle buses but was wondering what the consensus of this group was to get to Abu Dhabi. I will probably be spending the night in Abu Dhabi and coming back the next morning. Thank you in advance for your help!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

Did you read the other replies on this topic before asking your question ?

If you do you can see you can get the bus and where you can get it from. You will also see you can get a taxi there and back.

There is no best or a consensus view if you want to go door to door and take less time then a taxi is better but more expensive; however, if you want to spend less money and don't mind the journey taking longer then the bus is better.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

Hi Latimer, we will be staying at the Sofitel Downtown. So do you think the IBN Battula Mall is the closest bus terminal to catch the bus to Abu Dhabi for us or the first suggestion located in

Bur Dubai? If you say the IBN Battula Mall is closer for us, could you please give me an indication of how far from the Dubai Mall as I understand the Sofitel Downtown is linked to this mall. Thanking you in advance.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

From Sofitel Downtown I would get a taxi to the main bus station in Bur Dubai and get the bus from there. The buses are more frequent from the main bus station.

By the time you have taken a taxi or the metro to IBN Battuta mall you could be on the bus already from the main bus station

16. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 14:06

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

come to abu dhabi ..i will guide u to all goog location ,,call me 050 9912034

philippines
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

Hi, I'l be staying at the royal club palm jumeirah and I would like to know which bus station is near my hotel . The Al Ghubaiha or Ibn Battuta and how do i go to that station. and also we are 7 adults n 1 child 12 years old is it possible for us to take the innova taxi to abu dhabi? because friends told me that the van can only accomodate 7. Thank You

NW England
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

We hired a driver and limo for 700aed

Collect from our hotel in Bur Dubai, 5 persons.

We travlled to the Grand Mosque and spent an hour there. He then took us to the Emirates Palace and blagged us an entry so that we had a good look around.

From there he took us on The Corniche, then Yas Marina (despite the Grand Prix being on)

A short stop on the way back, before a tour of the Jumeriah Beach road (at our request)

Very good value and very informative

He can be booked on 971502868127

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Abu Dhabi day trip

Is the bus route to AD along the coast...any scenery of interest? Hope to go by bus for a day trip.

Is the area south of the creek in Dubai a good place to stay. We require easy access

to Metro and an area safe to walk around in the early evening. Is the Metro elevated? Not shoppers but would like to visit the Emirates Mall and area. Will be in Dubai 4 days then cruising,

We are seniors. Any suggestions for our first stay in Dubai appreciated

Reply to: Abu Dhabi day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted