We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in August

wales
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai in August

Hi

I apologise that this is probably a frequently asked question, however, I would appreciate some advise.

I am considering booking Dubai for the last week in August and am keen to know whether people have found the heat unbearable at this time of year. I have previously travelled in May, December and February and know it will be significantly warmer. I suspect that the majority of our time will be spent at water parks in the day and malls or hotel in the evening.

Any advise will be appreciated

Thanks

Sue

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai in August

Following. We to are planning last week of August, but coming from a trip in India I don't know if weather will still be an issue.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,007 posts
1,794 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai in August

I went in August last year and found it ok. We did wander around on foot in Bur Dubai and did not think heat was over and above many other similar hotspots.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai in August

You'll notice a significant difference in August and it's the humidity rather than the heat that gets most people.

Given the choice I wouldn't go in August but if that is your only chance to go then give it a shot - that's the only way you'll know for sure as everyone's tolerance is different

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai in August

It's very hot and very humid. You'll get very sweaty being outdoors wandering around but if you stick to pools, water park and indoors you'll cope. For me, being so restricted and not being able to be outside in some degree of comfort wouldn't be appealing and I wouldn't visit in August if I had the choice. But if it's the only time you can come then it's worth coming, plenty of people come in high summer and enjoy themselves.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai in August

Well you will see that there will be still around 2 million people living and working in Dubai in August. I am one of them. So it is ok. It is much hotter (not only warmer) and with high levels of humidity it is becoming unpleasant. Reason why my family is outside during the summer.

However, you can have fun if you are staying in and around water. Most hotel pools are chilled. The sand will be very hot and the sea will reach bath tube temperature. But it is individual. For some people the sea now is too cold to go inside, for some it is perfect for some it may even be too warm.

If you like hot weather, come in the summer. It is your choice. Given the weather conditions the hotel prices are much lower.

wales
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai in August

Thank you for all your replies we have now booked for August and will no doubt spend a lot of time in the pool

7. Re: Dubai in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:19