We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to ??

lancashire
Level Contributor
209 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to ??

How can I get from Chelsea Towers on S Z R to Dubai sevens,will it have to be a taxi? And what about Meydan on Carnival Day. Thanks in advance.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to ??

Taxi to the 7s, it's out in the desert.

Taxi to the Meydan as well, it's not far from Dubai Mall.

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to ??

I have to say that I have been to the 7s a few times and I would strongly suggest you hire a car to take you there and back if you want to avoid the nightmare lines that build up for the taxis and buses at the end. I would either book a regular Dubai taxi for a fixed day rate to take me there, wait for me and bring me back (it is quite far). Or else I would arrange for a private driver to do so. Make sure you keep their number so you can coordinate pick-up or else pre-arrange a spot (though they might not be able to get to that spot depending on traffic so still keep the number!) The sheer number of people drinking (heavily) and needing taxis back to town means it is difficult to regulate, no matter how efficient the organisers try to be. Or at least organise a car to bring you back as that is when the issue arises.

Again, for the Meydan, if at all possible, I would book a car there and back (or at least pre-arrange a car to bring me back as that is the key problem). It is more organised than the 7s but again, long lines for taxis, esp if you stay till the bitter end or till the end of the races.

lancashire
Level Contributor
209 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to ??

Cheers that great,make life easier knowing what to do.

lancashire
Level Contributor
209 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to ??

Great,thanks for that. Makes life easier when planning.

5. Re: Transport to ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17