We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days trip to dubai

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
3 days trip to dubai

Hi,

I am planning to visit Dubai with my wife from April 5th to April 8th. This will be our first international travel and would like to have some memories.

I have the following questions:

1. I will reach by afternoon on 5th April. Is it possible to cover Dubai Mall and Fountains on the same evening?

2. I am planning to visit the following paces:

Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Beach, Ski park, Fountains, Marina, Hindu temple and palm?

Can I cover all of them or anything I should add or remove.

3. I am planning to stay in "Arab Courtyard Hotel". Based on my understanding, it is closer to airport and many places I would like to visit. Let me know if you think it will be too far or anyplace you would suggest to look for a hotel.

4. I am a vegetarian and any possibility of finding good veg. food in Dubai?

I may have few more questions but I'll ask them when I think of them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sri Harsha.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

1. Yes it is possible to see Dubai Mall, the fountains and Bur Khalifa together as they are all in the same place.

2. You have time to see all of them, although you may want to drop the palm as there is nothing to see except Aquaventure water park at the Atlantis hotel.

3. Arabian Courtyard hotel is a great choice, right opposite Dubai Museum, close enough to walk to the creek via the textile souk. It is about 15 minutes by taxi from the airport.

4. There are many, many restaurants in Bur Dubai, where your hotel is situated and many, many options for vegetarian food in all of the malls.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

Latimer, thanks a lot. Here are my next set of questions:

1. What is the best way to travel to these places? How does the metro or public transport work? I mean regards to timings and safety and understanding etc

2. I also want to go to dolphin bay. What is the price range for the activities there? Is there a guide I can lookup to?

3. What is the best way to exchange money in Dubai? Are there a lot of ATMs where I can withdraw cash? or do I go the ForEx way? Are there any ForEx places in the airport I can exchange money from?

Regards,

Sri Harsha.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

Top questions about Dubai over on the right will tell you all about the Metro and money exchange

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

1. The metro is safe, clean and easy to use. Your nearest station is Al Fahidi on the green line and it is 10 minutes walk. You can see a metro map in the guide to the metro in the top questions and in there you will also find price guides etc. The metro is usually convenient, especially for getting to most of the malls.

For anything on the beach then a taxi will be more convenient.

2. Dolphin Bay is at Atlantis, which is around 45 minutes way by taxi. All of the details for it are on the Atlantis web site. There is also Dubai Dolphinarium at the Creekpark, which is much closer to you as it is only 10 minutes away by taxi.

3. There are ATMs everywhere and an exchange house in the airport. There are also exchange houses all over the city, in all of the malls and there's one next door to your hotel.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

Thank you Latimer... really appreciate your help!!!

Next round of questions...

1. What is the weather like in first week of april? Will it rain in general or will it be too hot?

2. Any footwear you'd suggest for the beaches? I mean, slippers will do or shoes are a must?

Last few questions may come... please be patient :)

Regards,

Sri Harsha.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

1. I've no idea what the weather will be like this April but past years have been fine, dry, sunny and warm but not hot and with low humidity.

2. For the beach then sandals or flip flops.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

Hi,

someone said the planning for this trip is equally fascinating to the trip itself... Very true. All thanks to this forum and its articles and nice people in the forums, my planning skills are getting better!!!

I have a few more questions. Please take the pain to answer:

1. Is there any service that provides an aerial view of the Palm and World village? If not, any boat service that covers these places?

2. Also, I saw "Yellow boat" service and few others while in the TA Dubai App. This covers the sky scrapers from the sea... The reviews were good but I am staying in the "Flora Grand hotel" in Diera. How far will it be from this hotel to get to these services?

3. Any beaches that are closer to my hotel which are neat? Or my question should be, are the beaches near my place is any different from Marina and Jumeirah beach? (These are far away from my hotel and not sure if it is worth that time and money spent)

4. Any link where I can see the ticket prices for these beach parks?

I think once I have answers for these questions, I will prepare a plan for each day and share it here... Please suggest if you have any changes.

Thanks a TON!!!

Sri Harsha

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

1. You can do an helicopter tour or seaplane flight or you can book afternoon tea in Burj al Arab and see them both from the window.

2.It is quite a distance, maybe 45 mions by taxi or longer by metro. There is an exclusion zone around the world islands so you can't get close to them. You can take a water taxi from near to the port that goes to the marina.

3. There are sections of Jumeirah beach that are public and much closer to you - Kite Beach springs to mind and you may find that your hotel offers shuttle buses to the beach parks. There are two beach parks and both are closer than going all the way to the marina; Al Mamzar is about 15 mins from your hotel by taxi and Jumeirah Beach Park is around 20 minutes away.

4. The entrance price is 5 dirham per person and you need to make sure that you go on the right day as they each have 2 ladies only days per week. Details are here

khaleejtimes.com/kt-article-display-1.asp…

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

Hi,

I have another question... I want to go for desert safari but for a short trip (say 2 hours or so) in the morning. Please advice if it is a good idea to go in the morning hours? If yes, is there anyone where such packages are organized? Please suggest.

Here is my plan for the 4 days I am in Dubai. Do suggest if I missed something "must visit" or let me know if it has anything I cannot complete:

5th April (I will reach in the afternoon) - Visit Al Mamzhar Beach and relax

6th April - Visit Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Ski Dubai, and Fountains

7th April - Dubai Dolphinarium, Jumeirah beach and Night tour (bus tour for 2 hours)

8th April - I have my return flight @ 10 PM so, have left the day for last minute ideas!! (please suggest if I can add any place here)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 days trip to dubai

On 6th April drop Ski Dubai - everything else you have planned is at Dubai Mall and Ski Dubai is at a different mall.

On you last day go to Mall of the Emirates and then you will see Ski Dubai.

Several of the operators do morning safaris - Arabian adventures is one and there are others, however, you will need to see how long they take. You can't tell them you want to do one for 2 hours if they normally take 3 or 4 hours