We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable running time

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Suitable running time

We are coming out this weekend and plan to do some running around the dubai mall area. What time would be the latest at this time of year to go out comfortably to run? I am hoping around 8??

I would only be running for 30-60mins...

Thanks

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable running time

Bearing in mind it's been lashing down with rain in Dubai the last few days I certainly wouldn't worry about it being too hot.

Dubai gets darker sooner than the UK so if its daylight you are after then I'd suggest going a few hours earlier.

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable running time

Thanksfor your reply Hannah although having reread my question, I have worded it completely incorrectly!

I missed out the fact I wanted to run in the morning but not at 6am like i have seen a lot of posts mention more like 8 or 9 am however from your reply i imagine it doesnt make a whole lot of difference re heat.

I have seen the weather reports and am currently living in denial and hoping it will all sort its self out by the time we arrive :-)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitable running time

I'd say 8 or 9am but not much later than that.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitable running time

I've never run as late as 8am but can say that it will be busier with traffic then than if you go at, say, 6am or earlier. However, you can do a loop along Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard which will involve crossing only small roads (not many of them)but may also mean being interrupted by works traffic going into construction sites. Not a huge deal though. If, for the sake of illustration, you take the Address Downtown as a starting point and head along SMBR Bvld to Burj Khalifa, down the steps there, round Burj lake at the Dubai Mall side, back to SMBR Bvld at the Address it will be just under 4km

If you go between about 7-8am then there will be lots of buses around dropping off construction workers so I'd day 8 is better than 7.

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitable running time

Excellent info as always - thanks both. I'll try that route Sunday and see how I get on leaving at 8...

Really appreciate the response!

6. Re: Suitable running time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:15