We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning taxi

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning taxi

Quick question.

The return flight I am looking at is at 7.30am. Obviously I will need to set off from the hotel 2 or 3 hours before departure so will need a taxi at around 4am. Is organising it at the front desk the night before the best thing to do? I don't imagine it will be a problem but just wanted to check in case anyone else had issues.

Thanks.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning taxi

It would help if you told us what hotel you are staying at.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning taxi

Holiday Inn Al-Barsha

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning taxi

Thanks.

You don't need to leave as early as 4am. If you leave at 5am that gives you plenty of time to get to the airport for 5.30am, two hours ahead of departure is usually when people tend to want to arrive. Personally I don't get to the airport any earlier than 90 minutes before departure but if you want to shop then two hours is better, I just like to minimise my time at the aiport.

I'd just go downstairs in your hotel and look for a taxi on the street or sitting outside of the hotel. I certainly wouldn't book a hotel car, it will cost you more and there's no need. Or, call down to the front desk a few minutes before you want to set off and ask them to call you a taxi/flag one down.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning taxi

Thanks I'll do that. Usually I aim to get there three hours before but I don't suppose there will be any traffic or airport queues at that time so I might leave later. Good to know there're taxis easily available.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning taxi

In case you dont find a taxi in the street you can always call dubai taxi at 97142080808. Call them ahead of time to reach you on time. They are metered and well organised.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning taxi

I would plan on being at the airport 2 hrs before departure time. If you're flying economoy, check in and security queues can be long at times. Checking in online doesn't really save much time as you have to stand in same queue to drop off your bags (this is true for Emirates, not sure about other airlines).

7. Re: Early morning taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16