We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which brunch, again - Apologies

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
722 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which brunch, again - Apologies

I am booked to do the culinary flight at the Burj al Arab. Also wanting to do a Friday brunch (obviously not on the same day). My head is spinning looking at all the options. Don't want to spend a great fortune considering we're going to the Burj. Have been looking at Traiteur, Bubbalicious, Mina A'Salam and Spectrum on One. Really can't decide which to go for. Like most things although my friend is not keen on fish, at all. Not too bothered about dim sum as I've seen a few places do them. I do like champagne but if it works out cheaper just to have fizz, or possibly a cocktail, I can be swayed. Is there somewhere just as good as the ones above but slightly cheaper? I'm coming next month. I have also been thinking about The Address but not too much on here about it.

Edited: 11 April 2014, 16:49
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,106 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which brunch, again - Apologies

You cannot go far wrong with any of the above.

If you are travelling without kids then Spectrum on One is a little more grown up as is Traiteur, Bubbalicious and Mina more family orientated but still very nice all the same.

Where are you staying as Traitteur is in Deira at Park Hyatt so a little further out of the way, also if you are staying in a City hotel then I'd pick Bubbalicious or The mina to have a view of the terrace over the beach and sea, likewise if you are staying in a beach hotel then pick a brunch in a city hotel for a different perspective (if that makes sense!).

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
722 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which brunch, again - Apologies

I'm staying at Anantara out on the Palm. Handy for nowhere I suppose!

There are no kids. We're friends from school both having a big birthday.

Edited: 11 April 2014, 21:03
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which brunch, again - Apologies

Friday Brunch at The Observatory, great views of the Palm and obviously nice and close just at the bottom of the trunk. 350 with 'bubbly', 300 without. Somewhere different too :D

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which brunch, again - Apologies

I'd cancel your culinary flight and do brunch in Al Muntaha instead - Burj and brunch combined

5. Re: Which brunch, again - Apologies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:16