We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 hours stopover in Dubai

Birmingham
Level Contributor
9 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
11 hours stopover in Dubai

I will be arriving in Dubai at 7:20 on Saturday 26 April and leaving again at 6pm. As I have never been to Dubai before I am eager to get advice on the best things to do and a possible itinerary. All help will be appreciated.

Also does anyone know if there are showers available in Dubai airport for transit passengers?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai Airport
Dubai Airport
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,848 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 hours stopover in Dubai

You will be out if the airport at around 8.30 and could head to Dubai mall for breakfast and a trip up Burj Khalia ( book a ticket on line for around 10.30am on line 30 days before you go to get the 125 dirham price - showing up on the day will cost you 400 dirham)

Then come down and jump in a taxi for the souks ( be aware that they don't open till 4pm if your day is a Friday and there will be no point going if the day is a Friday)

You need to be back at the airport around 2 hours before your onward flight and 3 hours if you want to take a shower in departures

There are public showers in departures or you could pay around £9 and get access to GForce health club in the airport hotel - you access this from departures and the showers are much nicer than the public ones with towels provided.

Mentioned in this post
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,239 Reviews
Moscow
Level Contributor
922 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 hours stopover in Dubai

Can anyone advise if there are safe deposit boxes at Dubai airport? For example, to store photographic and computer equipment? I know there is a left luggage facility at the airport. Is it safe and reliable for high value goods (I am sure they have a disclaimer about "storage being at customers risk, etc") ?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai Airport
Dubai Airport
3. Re: 11 hours stopover in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:16