We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

Manila
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

Hi! I will need to take a taxi for our family of 4 with 4 pcs of baggage at 6:00 am at Dusit Thani Dubai to go to the airport for our morning flight out.

Will it be easy to flag one down from Dusit Thani at 6:00 am?

And are minivan taxis available at this time? (to fit all 4 of us and our baggage).

If I take the hotel shuttle service, it will cost us 190 AED.

Or maybe I need to call a taxi company to schedule one in advance?

Thank you for any information.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,315 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

Taxi will be plenty available. However you better place an order for a minivan. The concierge will do this with pleasure for you. If you would like to do it yourself you can call on: 04 208 08 08.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

The hotel may try to get you to take their car but just insist you want a public taxi and they will order one. It will cost a lot less than 190aed - in fact even if you get two standard taxis it will be around half of that in total.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

Call Dubai Taxi at 04 2080808 and ask them to send a 7 seater taxi. The trip will cost you around 100 AED.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

I'd ask the concierge to request a family size, standard Dubai taxi. Everyone and everything will fit and it will cost you around 30% of the hotel's transfer charge.

Manila
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

Thank you so much for all your information. I have kept all the contact numbers so we can call and arrange when we get to Dubai:)

6. Re: Easy to find a taxi at 6:00 am to go to airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 06:15