We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

Hello everyone

We will be in Dubai for two days in July and I'd really love to see the desert and sand dunes. However, we have such limited time, and my kids are such fussy eaters, I don't think the typical tours which include the buffet dinner will suit us. I can't find a tour that doesn't seem to include a dinner. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'd ideally like something that only went for, say, a maximum of three hours if that's at all possible!

Regards

Katrina D

Arabian Adventures
Walking Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Khat Tours and Safaris
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Wander with Nada
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Arabian Private Adventure
City Tours, Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,015 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

If I understand you do not want dune bashing and also no dinner.

Have a look here: http://platinum-heritage.com/

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

Look at Platinum Heritage for their morning tour or Arabian Adventures

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,644 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

Send 2 or 3 companies an email with your requirements and they will send you an offer. Arabian Adventures, Arabian Nights or Desert Rangers all have positive reviews. Alternatively you can do as the above posts suggest for the heritage tour.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

Try funtours,used them this month and they were great, drop them an email and tell then what you want to do.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

Thank you, I'll check that out!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

Thank you everybody for your suggestions. I'll look into it. Cheers

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

I'm not sure if you've bothered yet but I contacted Platinum Heritage as I'm after the same thing and you can add a private car onto the sand dunes tour which would take you back earlier instead of attending the dinner. It's AED300 ($90ish) for the car on top of the tour price with them :)

8. Re: Sand Dune tour only - no dune bashing or dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16