We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

london
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Topic
Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Hi

Can anyone advise roughly how much a taxi will be from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and back again? Will taxi be best or is there an alternative-public bus not really an option!

Thanks

Linda

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,732 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
222 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,416 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
196 reviews
from US$231.08*
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,994 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

You don't say where from in Dubai so as a general guideline 250 - 300 dirhams each way.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,367 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

From where in Dubai and to where in Abu Dhabi? There could be a 100 dirham difference.

If the public bus is not an option then a taxi or hiring a car are your only alternatives.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,298 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Dubai Hala Taxi (971-4-2080808) is metered, organized and managed by RTA (government). These taxis will take you to any emirate including Abu Dhabi. If they wait for you in AD, you need to pay 30 dirhams per hour waiting. The fare for the trip will be 1.75 dhs per km. If you call them asking for a taxi, the taxi meter opens at 10 dirhams in peak hours and 6 dirhams in off peak hours. If you take the taxi from the road the meter opens at 3.5 dirhams.

Based on above numbrs and your location and wait time you can figure an estimated cost.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Hi,I did this trip last week - Bur Dubai to Ferrari World and back and negotiated a price of 600 Dirhams.

london
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Hi everyone thanks for all your replies! We're actually back in Dubai this May but now going to Abu Dhabi during Christmas so will do trip but big sure which way round now but whilst in Dubai will be staying @ Ritz-Carlton and the Fairmont on the Corniche whilst in Abu-Dhabi but just wanted a rough idea of the cost via Taxi!

Linda

NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Correy-Question: How much is a cab from Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi to Jumeriah Beach in Dubai?

Or is it possible to take the express bus from Abu Dhabi airport ? I think the fee is $40UAE. But where do I get this public transportation? Thanks. Can't wait to travel in May.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 03:48
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

I've been trying to organise the same thing. Contact a private car service. I've been looking at Prime Limousines and a concierge service in Abu Dhabi recommended Premier. Ask them to quote the cheapest car option for you. I've come across roughly $100 (AED370ish) one way from Dubai to Abu Dhabi which seems reasonable to me considering the car is nice, it's convenient and quick. I've heard taxis can be a bit of an issue and no one can give me a straight answer on price. Someone said the other day it can be up to AED500!

Good luck :)

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

You can just take a taxi (Abu Dhabi standard, silver taxis), they're decent, clean, and metered. Your concierge can call and book one for you. Private transport companies, limos, etc. will invariably cost you significantly more.

It will depend on what you're looking for, simple and reliable transportation from point A to B, or a nicer, luxury ride. Whatever floats your boat is available.

As for buses, I think the bus leaves from AD central station in town center. Some airlines offer free intercity shuttle services but only on day of travel.

NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Fast track.Please explain.I am not familiar with the terms: AD (abudhabi?) where in the town center. Exactly!Please

Yes, I want to use the free airline shuttle (since I am going business class on Ethidad)-but I will be in AD for 2nights before-will I still be allowed to use this transfer? I do not want to take a private car-it's seems costly-is this fare also per 2 people or each person on a silver cab?

I want reliable not costly transportation-

How far is Emirates Palace from AD town center or the airport? How can I get to both?

thanks

NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Callyn83 if it's $100 for 2?

The shuttle bus is $40 pp-just I don't know where in Dubai it leaves us.Nor the cost from Emirates Palace to Airport because I am positive leaving a fancy hotel the PRICE will climb.