We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

london
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Topic
Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Hi

Can anyone advise roughly how much a taxi will be from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and back again? Will taxi be best or is there an alternative-public bus not really an option!

Thanks

Linda

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,999 Reviews
from US$67.40*
US$89.87
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
158 Reviews
from US$59.00*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
410 Reviews
from US$53.00*
NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Actually I Just came back last night.

I took a cab from Emirates Palace to the Grand Old Mosque for $8. (30AED)

Than the taxi met us again & shut his meter making the deal at (200AED) $55 USA

He restarted his meter a little before YAS Island and at the end it read 170 AED.

He actually lied claiming the trip would be 200 and when we left the cab at Emirates Palace he claimed this was after the mosque trip. If he suffers a guilty conscience that is his misery to his prayers. I was going to pay 230 and if he needed to trick for the extra few $$-it's his karma.

Thanks to all those that helped!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

I doubt he will suffer a guilty conscience and can't see where he lied as the first price would be an estimate.

Good to know you managed to save 16$ on a taxi trip that would have cost you a lot more in many places in the world and let's hope he still has enough to send home to his family this week.

NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

oh please......we all work and I didn't make the deal-he did and I am sure he benefited from the extra. He proposed the deal and it was his job-guess those meters aren't all so sensitive.

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Yes, indeed we all work; however, most of us don't work 7 days a week for 12 hours a day to be able to send home money to our families that, if we are lucky, we get to see once a year.

Maybe his family will benefit from the extra by being able to build a proper roof on their house or educate the children he may get to see once or twice before their 10th birthdays.

It's a different world and maybe you'll reflect on that during your stay in Emirates Palace, Jumeirah Beach hotel and your business class flights - then again maybe you won't.

Have a great trip and a safe flight home.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Hi... can you send me the number/email or any contact of the agency you went to abu dhabi with?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

How much it cost from Eithad Towers Jumeirah , Abu Dhabi to Bur Dubai, Dubai and how long is the journey duration. We are a family of 5, 2 adults, 2 children at age 5 and 1 infant who is age 1. Which is best taxi to get?

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Roughly 300 dirham. You will need a people carrier and can either use the hotel transfer service or a taxi - I would check the price with the hotel concierge and see how that compares to a taxi

Bolton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

Could somebody help on taxi fares please.

The cost of taxi hire from Amwaj Rotana Resort Jumeriah Beach Residence to Abu Dhabi Ritz Carlton?

Thank you

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

It's just over 100km, so the fare will a little under 200 dhs in a regular metered taxi off the street.

It should take around an hour outside the rush hour.

Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
Save Reply
40. Re: Round trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi - cost?

You have Licensed taxi service available for going and coming back from Dubai or any other emirates. The vehicle will wait for you and take you to tourist sorts also in you are in need. Contact-Vida Transporting-050-5313709.vidatransport@yahoo.com