We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are you allowed to take medicines like nurofen to Dubai?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Are you allowed to take medicines like nurofen to Dubai?

I've heard that some medicines which are common in the uk aren't allowed to be taken into Dubai- does anyone know if paracetamol etc can be taken in.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are you allowed to take medicines like nurofen to Dubai?

Yes but not the extra strength ie the painkillers with codeine in them

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are you allowed to take medicines like nurofen to Dubai?

You need to carry:

- the medicine in original package

- the doctor prescription

- the quantity you need only not more.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are you allowed to take medicines like nurofen to Dubai?

Acetaminophn (paracetamol) is one of the most common medicine in the world. I don't think you should have any trouble with that.

HT

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are you allowed to take medicines like nurofen to Dubai?

Under the brand name of Nurofen a variety of products are produced. There are products with Ibuprofen, pseudoepfedrine and codeine. Nurofen does not contain paracetamol (to my best knowlege).

To avoid any confusion I would just buy Ibuprofen instead of Nurofen. Ibuprofen is available over the counter in the UAE.

Codeine is an opioid painkiller and therefore only available with a doctors prescription in the UAE. Therefore you also need a prescription to bring it with you.

5. Re: Are you allowed to take medicines like nurofen to Dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:16