We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphinarium or Atlantis

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphinarium or Atlantis

Which is a cheaper option to swim with dolphins Dubai dolphinsrium or Atlantis ? For 2 adults 2 kids

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

Around AED 2'600 (for 4 people) in Dolphinarium and only with reservation.

At Atlantis it is AED 425 per person, hence around AED 1'700.

dubaidolphinarium.ae/DolphinShowPrices.aspx

atlantisthepalm.com/marineandwaterpark/dolph…

Also - and maybe before you book - have a look at facts of keeping dolphins in captivity and think about other attractions you could book with this money.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

When you ask which is cheaper, is that question referring to the dolphins welfare or your wallet?

india
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

Price wise

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

Yes. Price wise for the dolphins or your wallet?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

@Luther

I am also not happy about what some hotels are doing here. And this not only with respect to keeping animals but also about what they offering in the restaurants. And then there are also some questions with respect to humans.

BUT please, let's accept that not everybody will see this the same way. That is why these dolphinariums are still in business. This is not a website for animal welfare but a website to help tourists. And if they want to see dolphins, they will see them, if I like it or not.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,418 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

I like that answer Dubai Phil. There are too many forums where people are not entitled to an opinion, for example swimming with dolphins, feeding tigers etc. If people want to do it then that is their choice.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

If you get skywards card/membership you receive 15% discount in Atlantis.

8. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 13:35
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,010 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

+ 1 Kali.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolphinarium or Atlantis

There is a book of a kind, about everything in Dubai, which also has hundreds of discount coupons. I think the book costs about 400 AED, but can save you 50% on many entertaining options. Sometimes it's a certain discount, sometimes 2 for the price of 1, etc. Also, when shopping in Carefour supermarket, you get similar coupons (but not as great discounts) at the back of receipts. :)

Btw, you can open and list that book before buying, just don't ask me where. :) Go to some shopping mall, enter a bookstore and try to explain. They should know.