We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Hi,

We've been having a hard time debating between the following afternoon tea experiences:

1. Sky View Afternoon Tea

2. Sahn Eddar Afternoon Tea

3. Sultan's Lounge

4. Al Fayrooz

5. Al Bayt

I understand that the difference in price is substantial, and its based on what experience we'd like to have, but I also would like some input on which have been the best experiences for you guys. Of course, tea at the burj is an experience in itself, but how is the selection of finger sandwiches? Can it be replenished?

Thanks for any input :)

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,732 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
222 reviews
from US$48.00*
Best Seller
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,416 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
196 reviews
from US$231.08*
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Tea at the Skyview is in my opinion the best afternoon tea anywhere! The sandwiches and the chocolates are replenished if you ask. It is the most expensive I've been to, but it really is the best food-wise. The downside is only one glass of champagne... :(

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

It is most probably one of those things you have to do but I did not rate the afternoon tea at the Burj, far too many sweet courses for me. A much nicer tea without the modern opulence was at Al Bayt. Lovely views of the lake and the "inside-out sandwiches" were really tasty.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,803 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

I've only done afternoon tea at two of the above - Skyview and Al Fayrooz - I thought the latter was slightly better although both quite busy.

All the places you mention are part of the 'Jumeirah Group' so they will be fairly similar in terms of standard and service.

I actually preferred afternoon tea at Raffles and One &Only -both more reasonable and a bit quieter so I thought service was better at both. The Ritz also does a very good afternoon tea.

In terms of the actual food served I find them all quite similar - a lot of people book The Burj for the experience alone, I doubt you will be disappointed with any of the above but personally I wasn't blown away by the Burj afternoon tea experience.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 09:45
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,367 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

If you are going to do afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab then Skyview Bar is 'better' than Sahn Eddar for the views. Sahn Eddar is on the first floor attirum whereas Skyview Bar is in the suspended sticky out bit 56 storeys high so the views are better.

You can see downtown Dubai and the world islands from one side and the Palm from the other.

If you are doing afternoon tea for the food then the Burj is not the best afternoon tea..

My Favourites are

Samouva Lounge in the Arabian Court Hotel at the One & Only resort - lovely tea, lovely setting

The lobby lounge at Ritz Carlton hotel on the beach

and also Raffles, which is not too far from where you are staying.

So you need to decide if you want to experience the Burj al Arab, in which case go for Skyview Bar as you get to see Shan Eddar anyway and can mooch round the atrium and shops on your way up.

or

You want nicer food and at a much more reasonable price.

No one else can decide that for you .

U.K
Level Contributor
327 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Samovar Lounge is a good one for sure at the One and Only, and very reasonable for Dubai

Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Perfect! Thank you guys so much!!

Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

This is exactly what I was looking for too princessreemy! I've been debating between the burj and another. We're looking to do two so I think we'd do the burj for the experience and another one that's less expensive.

U.K
Level Contributor
327 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Have a different meal at one of the hotels rather than two Teas. Afternoon Tea fills you right up, feeling almost sick, that you wont want to do that a second time on your hols. Instead , perhaps have Tea in the Skyview , and a late lunch another day at one of the lovely hotels that are on your list.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Are any of these options available with the entertainer?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,298 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Afternoon Tea - help narrow down!

Al bayt and Al Fayrouz are in the entertainer.