We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

hi guys!!

I booked my flight today!! YAYY!! now its time to officially book my hotel...

Choices are:

Fairmont The Palm

Conrad Dubai

Grosvenor House, Dubai

Looking for something central, 5* and great service. I know that the Palm is far but it is gorgeousess! Maybe something similar but more central? Do let me know what you guys would recommend :)

Budget is 1500-1600 for 6 nights, so around $250 CAD/night; also, will be there last week of june :)

Thank youuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,372 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

Of the ones you mention then Conrad by Hilton is the most central but it is in the middle of the city and has no beach access. There is a metro station outside the hotel, which means you have easy access to all parts of Dubai.

Grosvenor House is luxury 5* and you have access to the beach at Le Royal Meridien hotel across the road. You can walk to the marina and to Jumeirah Beach Walk.

Fairmont the Palm is on the palm trunk so less isolated than other hotels on the palm but you will need to take taxis wherever you want to go

You need to decide if you want to be central or on the beach.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

End of June weather will be very hot and humid, walking outside will be very challenging and so will spending time at the beach during daytime.

These are some of the factors to consider when choosing a hotel.

Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

Is the GH central as well? I rather be central and close to most things than having to taxi every bit of the trip.

Also, we're going to be three people, on booking.com most hotels have occupancy of 2 or 4+ and the 4+ becomes out of budget. I noticed there are choices of a large double or extra large double etc so can I just book for two or will the hotel charge for an extra per night at checkin?

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

Dubai doesn't really have any central locations.. its a long stretched out city with the older parts to the north and the newer to the south. GH is based nearer to marina and JBR areas which are great. Not sure if it will be comfortable to walk to certain places even in close proximity in June as it will be HOT!!

Also if you are 3 people then you will need to pay an extra person supplement at most hotels. You will need to contact them direct.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

Dubai isn't a walkable city due to the weather and the fact that there's really no city center. Even in good weather conditions, many areas in the city are not pedestrian-friendly.

There's no way around it, you'll end up using taxis, the metro, or a combination to reach most places.

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

For me anything other than a sightseeing trip onto the Palm is a right pain. Taxis and Ill connected train systems just make it lose it's appeal. Trapped.

You will have to taxi everywhere.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

After biking/walking pretty much the entire length of the city, if I could choose, I would look for something in marina/jbr area, although it's still.. work in progress. :) But then again, all of Dubai is. Marina/jbr has such a nice feel to it, with great walking area, but also the walk and the beach. Those who like narrow streets, crowds and a bazaar type of environment should go for something near souks. Deira was also nice. Everything near Mamzar seemed to have a lot of issues with sand being blown around, but that may just be my impression. And yes, there's really no city centre as such, but if you like seeing a lot of people out in the evening, walking around, having fun and enjoying their time, with also the cafes and restaurants around, I think marina/jbr is perfect. And the palm is close enough for a taxi visit.

Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

Thank you guys!! I saw that there's a new hotel that opened in May - the Sofitel downtown which is near the burj and has an air conditioned walkway to Dubai mall. Sounds inticing! Emailed them about the extra person supplement fee and awaiting a response.

9. Re: IM BOOKED! help pleaasseeee!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:17