We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 hrs in dubai

Bryan, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
12 hrs in dubai

We have a 12 hr layover in dubai on way to lusaka. Emirates will pay for hotel which is great. But what should we see in dubai before we crash at the hotel? I don't really want to shop but I'd like to see some of dubai. We are there 8pm-8am.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 hrs in dubai

Try to see the fountains in front of Burj Khalifa and on the lake outside Dubai Mall - they happen every evening between 6pm and 11pm and 11.30 on Thursdays and Fridays.

You will be able to get a meal or a snack in a café with a fountain view

Then you could take a quick tour of the city by taxi but as most things will be closed after midnight other than night clubs perhaps heading back to your hotel for some sleep is the best idea

Edited: 11 May 2014, 15:10
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 hrs in dubai

I recommend the same thing as the post before me. Try to hit up the Dubai Mall area; which has the fountain, Burj Khalifa, and numerous restaurants to choose from. The mall itself is very nice also; with aquarium, Ice rink, and etc.....this should be more than enough for a quick layover.

Bryan, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 hrs in dubai

Thanks! Do I need to exchange money for the time we are there or will a credit card work?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 hrs in dubai

There is a currency exchange in the airport and also an ATM machine no need to change anything before you get there.

Credit cards are widely accepted but you will need dirham for taxis and tips (if you give them)

There is also a currency exchange in departures so any notes you have left over can be changed back.

5. Re: 12 hrs in dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:17