We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need to declare medication when landing in Dubai?

Warrington, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Do we need to declare medication when landing in Dubai?

I'm travelling with my Mum to Dubai shortly, she has copies of prescriptions to match her medication. I've not been to Dubai before but am assuming we'll have to complete a landing card before landing. Does she need to declare her medication on the card (or at the arrival airport at all)? I just dont want to end up stuck at the airport for hours which i think will happen if she declares it but I want to do the right thing as i've heard they are very strict in dubai!

I've never really understood declaring... have never needed to.

Thank you in advance!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,972 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need to declare medication when landing in Dubai?

I've never declared any medicine I'm travelling with, & I've never been asked what medicine I'm travelling with too

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,686 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need to declare medication when landing in Dubai?

You don't have to declare any medication. You land, do passport control, get cases and off you trot.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need to declare medication when landing in Dubai?

There are no landing cards either.

4. Re: Do we need to declare medication when landing in Dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:17