We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ten days dubai trip..need help!

Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ten days dubai trip..need help!

Hi friends

I am planning a ten day trip to dubai in june..im with hubby and kids..need help and suggestions regarding route plans and attractions to visit etc which will make this a hassle free enjoyable trip..

How do I plan my days?

What places when?

Where to get local sim?

how to arrange day plans?

Metro routes?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

All the information you need is in the top questions to the right of the posts page

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

Your questions are really vague. Also, always mention age and interest of kids as it makes the wolrd of difference. For example, Wild Wadi waterpark vs Desert safari. Do you like to be active (hiking, biking, swimming, walking) or prefer to just go to a beach and sit there all day? Do you like to spend all day in a mall, for the convenience of food and everything?

Metro: metro.rtaprojects.me/index.php…

Have a look at my short movie from Dubai and see if anything interests you. Link is here: tripadvisor.co.uk/…58377627

Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

Thanks guys..yes I know I was vague there but I really am new to the place..though I have been researching a lot but I still dont know how i would plan my days there..thanks for pointing it out friends..yes I would like to have a mix of both..adventure and mall explore days..I have loads of questions..

for a startplease let me know specifically how to get to dubai city from airport terminal 2?..I see there are no metro stations at terminal 2 and I wud not want to take a metro on arrival. .taxis?..are they available easily?..can we go to the other terminals just to check out coz I have heard a lot abt dubai airport being a spectacular place...

day one..I want to visit jumeirah mosque..what are the other things we can do on the same day?..nearby attractions?..

Thanks

will keep asking more:)

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

No connection from Terminal 2 to terminals 1 or 3 (unless you have connecting flights). From a plane into a bus, then into a T2 building. Straight for the passport/visa formalities then just follow the flow. To the left for the luggage, then right through customs, a bit more right and you're at the exit. There is absolutely nothing to see. As you exit the building, you are hit by a heat wave. :) Taxis are in line right in front, can't miss them. And they are the only option from T2. But, those taxis have 25 AED starting fee. If you walk out, through the parking lot, to to first major intersection, and pick one up, it's much cheaper. But also and additional hassle. Btw, 25 AED is ~5 euros.

Jumeirah Mosque is near the Jumeirah Public Beach, where you have a very long stretch of treeless and shadeless sand beach, with a bike path and a joggin trail. You can see these in that movie of mine. So, you can go to the beach. There's a Dubai Zoo nearby, but I haven't been there and don't know if it's open. A bit further down the street is the Mercato Shopping Mall. Much farther down is Jumeirah Beach Park which is quite nice. And another stretch of a barren sand beach. If you go even farther, you get to Burj al Arab (and Wild Wadi waterpark) and Madinat. With more mosques along the way. I did it on a bike and even enjoyed a walk, but most people would never consider doing it without a car and AC.

But just because something is closeby or in the same street does not limit you to those places in any way. From the mosque, you can also go to Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall and the Fountain. Or, from Burj al Arab and Wild Wadi to Mall of the Emirates and ski track. Or to Marina/JBR. Or to hotel, change, then desert safari. The choice is yours. But I personally never liked the idea of visiting just one area in one day, especially if you have a car.

P.S. Will you be going through the top questions section more? ;)

Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

Lovely reply.. much appreciated.. thanks fir sorting some confusion out for me:)..ill be asking more..definitrly:)

Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

I cant see the movie link..lol..help??

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,908 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

Chk end of post 2 for the link.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

Hi friends

I am planning a ten day trip to dubai in june..im with hubby and kids..need help and suggestions regarding route plans and attractions to visit etc which will make this a hassle free enjoyable trip..

How do I plan my days?

Plan thing which are near to each other so that you travel less...check your hotel if they are giving some shuttel service . IT will be quite hot summer in dubai so stay much in AC & plan outdoor activity in evening only

Where to get local sim?

Take a matrix card from local store in india or from airport .....

Metro routes?

download dubai metro app on your phone .. you can enter station to board & station to de board to seee the route where you have to interchange + approx time taken ...

Please check my trip report here

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k73945…

9. Re: ten days dubai trip..need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:16