We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAST hotel post - I promise!!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
LAST hotel post - I promise!!

Hi guys,

So, after numerous posts about hotels, I've narrowed it down to two. I PROMISE this will be my last hotel post!!!

These are my two choices along with the things I like and my concerns.. (I've mentioned my concerns because for those of you who have been already may be in a better position to advise me if they should be of concern or not :))

Again, just a little reminder - these are end of June rates.

IBN Battuta #20 - 600 AED/night room only, 766.50 AED/night room plus breakfast - both triple rooms (booking via hotel). I'm loving the decor of this hotel, it seems amazing, my concerns: distance to the things id like to do (taxi costs) and not getting a good view from room.

Al murooj #49 - 202 CAD/night room only - classic king room (booking via agoda). I'm loving the location of this hotel, not so much the decor, upgrading to room + breakfast becomes unaffordable. Concern: room big enough for us three? Breakfast costs?

My main dilemma is price vs area as you guys can see. IBN Battuta is ranked higher than al murooj and the both rates are affordable. But how far would we have to go for good breakfast? I guess I got put off by some of the reviews on tripsdvisor.

The things I've booked so far are desert safari, yellow boats, burj afternoon tea. Maybe this will help in terms of choosing a hotel?

I know I've been super indecisive about my hotel and I'm sorry I keep coming back! I did look into the Oberoi as you guys suggested, but we can't be three adults in one room so booking two rooms would be out of budget.

So, IBN Battuta or al murooj???

I'm determined to get booked tonight!

Again, I thank you guys for being so patient with me.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAST hotel post - I promise!!

Ibn batuta is miles away from main dubai.. Id avoid it if it was me!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
635 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAST hotel post - I promise!!

IBN BATUTA for me I have stayed there, ask for a Mall view . If your worried about transport you can get to the Metro from the Mall opposite the hotel .

The hotel has a free bus to the beach club on the palm, they seemed to run regularly when we were there .

Good luck choosing I know how hard it is .

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAST hotel post - I promise!!

Who did you book excursions with? Would appreciate info/links. Many thanks and good luck.

Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAST hotel post - I promise!!

I booked the safari with Arabian nights.

Afternoon tea I booked directly with burj Al Arab and likewise for yellow boats - I emailed them and secured seating.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
635 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAST hotel post - I promise!!

What hotel did you book ??

6. Re: LAST hotel post - I promise!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:16