We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goodbye Grosvenor, hello Anantara

West Midlands
Level Contributor
355 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Goodbye Grosvenor, hello Anantara

Since I last posted, we used the shuttle bus to LRM yesterday to take advantage of the beach facilities. We stayed at the LRM 7 years ago on our first ever visit to Dubai. I could remember the buildings but not how big the grounds and pools were. At first we settled on the beach but there were jellyfish in the sea so this was a no no. After a bit of sunbathing and swimming in the pool we headed back to the Grosvenor. From there we went to the gold and diamond park to the C shop with a view to buying a ring. After some discussion it was agreed that we would return tomorrow to finalise the deal. We then returned to the GH and hubbie wanted to visit a bar, so we decided on the Embassy bar in tower 2. I was given 3 voucher for drinks and he had 2 bottles of Stella and the bill came to 84 dirhams.

After a final breakfast this morning we said our farewells and headed to Anantara, 32 dhms in taxi. We had a lovely welcome and all the staff so far have been friendly. Was secretly hoping for an upgrade to a lagoon access room but it was not meant to be, so we are currently in villa 27. We went to crescendo for lunch as we are at latitude for dinner tonight, limited choice but ok for lunchtime. (We are on a half board deal).

What to say about the rest of the hotel.....pool very busy and the beach. Sand compact a bit like building sand..very gritty. Lagoons lovely and quiet, we got 2 sunbeds outside our villa with steps down to the water for access. Room is dark wood furniture, big bathroom, but the toiletries are YUK. Have just been in the shower whilst hubbie was still on sun bed but I thought I won't mention it and see what he says. Needless to say he said I don't like the shower gel, and the shampoo and conditioner smells like something the farmer would put on his field during muck spreading time....disgusting. So bad, I have had to go back in the shower to rewash my hair.

Anyway, trying to stay positive, another birthday cake has been left in the room for hubbie, a lovely touch, off to latitude and madinat souk in a while so will report again later in the week. Thank you for reading.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,649 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goodbye Grosvenor, hello Anantara

Shame about the complimentary hair items. We've always been lucky wherever we've stayed but I do tend to take a small bottle from home for use in an emergency.

Good luck with your ring. Have a nice time.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goodbye Grosvenor, hello Anantara

Acqua di Palma toiletries in The Address downtown Sue , lovely , my hair looks fab after shampoo and conditioner

You will love it here , I don't want to leave , so relaxing x

Enjoy the rest of your holiday , sorry I'll be gone by the time you arrive here. Xx

Edited: 25 May 2014, 17:51
3. Re: Goodbye Grosvenor, hello Anantara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 06:16