We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in early January?

South Wales
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai in early January?

Would anyone reccoment visiting Dubai in early January, woud it be as busy and exciting s the summer? or it is better to wait?... what would the weather be like in January, and what hotel would you recomend going to, i am after 5 star luxury but no silly prices

any comments would be great

thanks

EIre
Level Contributor
504 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai in early January?

as they say .... "you get what you pay for" ... so basically you want luxury, you'll have to pay for it.

As for weather ... January temps would be around mid 20's ... can get nippy in the eve's tho. January would really be sorta peak season (me thinks!) and also the Shopping festival will be on during January. Summer will be HOT HOT HOT ... with temps rising to mid to high 40's and seriously high humidity, however, prices will be lower!

South Wales
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai in early January?

any reccomendations?? i will pay approx 2000aed p/night

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,737 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai in early January?

There's a big list of hotels to the left of this page

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

All of the recommendations are from people who have visited and so that would be a really good place to start.

Best tip for prices is to use someone like Expedia to give you a benchmark and then come back on here and look at the one's you can find in your price range.

We can then help you with more specific advice regarding your choice

Glen Morangie
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai in early January?

"As busy and exciting as the summer"?????? The summer is quiet. January will be kicking.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai in early January?

From October through to March/April is peak time here. You have picked the most expensive time to visit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai in early January?

Emyr I went in Feb and had the most perfect weather. Obviously there are no guarantees and I dont know where you are from but Feb is one of the worst months weatherwise in UK. The evenings were warm and balmy and we ate nearly all our meals outside and the days were lovely for sunbathing on the beach.

7. Re: Dubai in early January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 12:19