We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Bus Tour

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
110 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Big Bus Tour

Hi just trying to plan our trip and was looking at this they are doing some discount and freebies online my questions are?

Is it good ?

Is there a bus lane or do you end up in traffic jams?

It doesn't say where it pick up etc! We are staying at Crowne Plaza Festival City?

What time do they start & finish?

Many thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Bus Tour

The Big bus tour (hop on hop off) will show you all the major attractions (21 stops in total). There are two routes (red and blue). Ticket is for about $60. If you are in Crown plaza just go to the information desk at the festival center and they will show you the bus pick up location then where ever they drop you return to the same location to get picked up.

link to their web site: http://eng.bigbustours.com/dubai/home.html

This FAQs will answer other inquiries u have; and No dedicated lane in the street for bus

http://eng.bigbustours.com/dubai/faqs.html

link to tour map showing all the stops: …bigbustours.com/UploadedFiles/Dubai_Day_Tou…

Edited: 02 June 2014, 19:05
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Bus Tour

There are two routes and when we did it there was minimal traffic but it was very expensive for what it was. Personally I'd not entertain it again. If you want to see the sights use a taxi and make a list.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Bus Tour

There aren't bus lanes on all streets, I've seen the big buses in the middle of traffic jams a few times so I guess it depends on the route and the time of the day.

We're sort of fans of big bus tours as they give you the 'big picture' along with the audio guide. After that, you can narrow down the list of things you want to explore on your own. The fee of $60 is peanuts by Dubai standards, especially for one or two people. If there's many of you, then it's better to hire a taxi and be ready with a list of points to hit.

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
Level Contributor
947 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Bus Tour

The big bus picks up from outside the Hard Rock Cafe at Festival City. Personally I think it is great value for money and have done it at least 3 times with our visitors. You get the recorded guide pointing out the many sights and useful bits of information also. Would a taxi driver be able to provide that?

It's great being able to hop off for a coffee or snack stop and get back on.

I've never found the traffic to be too horrendous, all part of the experience I guess.

Weather it's 'good' or not depends on what you expect from the tour.

Fee

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Bus Tour

Fantastic value for money for what it is... I'm not sure why an earlier poster suggested taxis, to cover the same routes and timescales as the Big Bus would cost a fortune in a cab plus you'd have to direct them as most of the cabbies here only know the popular spots.

I do the bus tour with every set of guests that come to visit and without exception they all enjoy it, the ability to learn a bit about Dubai whilst seeing the scenery and travelling between attractions is pretty tough to beat in my opinion.

6. Re: Big Bus Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16