We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E'-gate

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
360 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
E'-gate

Hi everyone

Have just joined Emirates Skywards as we are flying with Emirates for the first time. It says we have e-gate benefits, but how do you register before getting to Dubai airport ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: E'-gate

From what I can remember, even if you're living in Dubai, you still need to register at the Dubai Airport or the Department of Residency and Naturalizatiof for Emirates E-Gate access. Check with Skywards at Emirates.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E'-gate

You Don't !

Registration is done in Dubai as Karen the Canuk says

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E'-gate

The other guys are correct, you have to register the Skywards cards for e-Gate at Dubai International airport. This can be done during business hours at Terminal 3 just before the economy check-in desk (quite central as you walk into the terminal).

So while you won't be able to take advantage of e-Gate upon arrival, you'll fly through when leaving and/or when you return in the next year.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: E'-gate

"Please note that Emirates Skywards Blue members will receive their membership cards once they complete their qualifying flights."

http:/w/www.emirates.com/english/help/faqs/faqdetails.aspx?faqCategory=1102557#faq18

When do I receive my e-gate card?

You do not receive a separate e-gate card. If you are eligible for e-gate benefits, your Emirates Skywards membership card should have built-in e-gate functionality. Emirates Skywards Blue members will receive their membership cards once they complete their qualifying flights.

u said you just signed up for skyrewards... so i dont know if you will get the cards ...until u complete the first trip

Edited: 04 June 2014, 02:39
england
Level Contributor
360 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E'-gate

Thanks for the replies, looks the best way is to register on the way home. X

6. Re: E'-gate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:15