We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai metro to Monorail

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai metro to Monorail

What is the closest metro station to the monorail and how long would it take to walk between the two?

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,735 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
225 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,417 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
198 reviews
from US$231.08*
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

The Dubai Metro/Monorail are one in the same. The majority of the stations are above-ground (Monorail) while there are a few stations (transfer stations)built via tunnelling that are underground such as the Burjuman Station.

See link below with more details on the aboveground and underground Dubai Metro stations:

http://dubaimetro.eu/stations

Hope that helps.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

I think the poster is referring to the Monorail that runs from the base of the Palm to Atlantis and so they are not the same.

The monorail is not connected to the metro. The nearest metro station is either Dubai Internet City or Nakheel. It would take around 20 minutes to walk between the two places, across some very dusty waste ground, a few car parks and a very busy intersection with no pedestrian crossing and a 6 lane highway. Not recommended.

You can take a taxi between the metro station and the monorail station but to be honest it will be cheaper and quicker to stay in the cab all the way to Atlantis than getting out of the taxi to get on the monorail, which is an expensive way to get up the palm.

Coming back down the palm by monorail is possible but then you'll have to stand in the road to get a taxi.

Sorry to sound as if I have a downer on the monorail but there's no dressing up the fact that I do - it's an expensive gimmick with no real point to it.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 23:32
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

Latimer, thanks. Sorry, I forgot about the Palm Monorail. It's non-existent in my mind becaue no one ever takes it :-). It's a shame that they still have not connected the Monorail to the metro.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

it will be connected very soon once the Tram system opens. You will catch a tram from Dubai marina station or JLT. Can't wait until November !!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

Even come November, The combination of metro then tram then monorail to Atlantis ! I would just hop on a cab if it's up to me.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 05:43
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

Taxi from atlantis to monorail is 15.50.

Monorail cost 15 per person.

If travelling alone, it's same cost but more hassle. If a couple or more are travelling a taxi is much cheaper. Monorail is pointless.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,509 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

Talking to the guys on site, I'd say November was ambitious.

8. Re: Dubai metro to Monorail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:15