We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this timetable doable?

Scotland
Level Contributor
325 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
is this timetable doable?

We are planning to do the following on our first day in dubai:

Friday13th - Staying in the Dar so have breakfast then a bit of sunbathing then off to the imperial brunch at the Jabeel Saray on the Palm. Back to hotel for a quick snooze and change then visit atmosphere lounge at the burj khalifa at 6.30 for sunset drink. Do a bit of shopping in the mall and watch the fountains.. maybe have a snack somewhere while watching then back to hotel.

Anyone foresee a problem with my timings? Any recommendations for a snack near the fountains. Many thanks in advance.

Camel Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
Eaglerider Dubai
Gift & Speciality Shops, Equipment Hire
Spun Candy
Gift & Speciality Shops
La Cure Gourmande UAE
Gift & Speciality Shops
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,320 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is this timetable doable?

looks doable to me. If you want a snack near the fountains you will have to choose from many restaurants and cafes on the Dubai mall side as the ones in Souq Al Bahar are mainly dine in restaurants.

Scotland
Level Contributor
325 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this timetable doable?

Many thanks for your replies. Is it ok to go to a mall after drinking alcohol ( apart from the fact that I'll spend more lol)

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: is this timetable doable?

As long as there's no inappropriate behaviour, yes it's fine! :)

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,320 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is this timetable doable?

Yes it's ok as long you don't appear overly drunk and cause a scene which would involve the police.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is this timetable doable?

There is a food court near at.the.top desk and several cafes, ice creameries, etc. You could pick something up and go sit outside on the benches or steps.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is this timetable doable?

Check the At.mosphere website. I recall they have special pricing for window seats (and possibly a minimum spend). Which I guess you would want for a sunset visit. Also, check the sunset time for the 13th, to see if you should perhaps be there a bit later. And I'm a bit worried about the "do a bit of shopping" part. You do realize Dubai Mall is (one of) the largest in the world, right? To put things in perspective, it has it's own taxi service. Inside the mall. A bit of shopping could be 4+ hours. As the fountain shows end at 23-00 (please check, I forgot), perhaps it would be wise to watch the show before that "bit of shopping". It will be dark after getting down from sunset drinks anyway, so no difference.

I would actually recommend to perhaps catch a daily fountain show as well, then go for the sunset drink, then an evening fountain show, then shopping. If you can fit it that way. The fountain shows are ~5 minutes, doesn't make a lot of difference.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,804 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is this timetable doable?

I'm going to disagree with most folk above in that I think you'll be pushing it to fit in travelling back to DAM, a snooze, freshening up and then travelling to Burj Khalifa and At.mosphere by 6.30pm.

Bearing in mind that it is Friday and the challenge of getting a taxi if you wait till brunch finishes at 4pm then I think you will find you get back to DAM about 5pm. Then you need to change and definitely have no time for a snooze before leaving DAM. To get to At.Mosphere by 6.30pm on a Friday then I think you'd need to be away from the hotel in a cab by 5.45pm.

In my opinion, your options are leaving JZS before brunch finishes at 4pm and missing out the wee snooze or moving your Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall trip to another day

Scotland
Level Contributor
325 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is this timetable doable?

Many thanks for all your replies. WOW didn't realise the mall was that big. Anyone know which level Bebe is on? I think we will leave the brunch early so that we can get a taxi - will we get one from reception? Maybe miss out on that snooze too Larimer.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,804 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is this timetable doable?

You can get taxis from the entrance but don't underestimate the time it will take you to get from your villa in Dar al Masyaf to the reception area of Al Qasr hotel, which is where the taxis are - it may be anything up to 15 minutes depending on how quickly you get an abra or buggy.

There will be taxis waiting at the entrance but there may also be a queue on a Friday as Al Qasr has one of the most popular brunches. There are hotel cars too, which are more expensive than taxis but they too will be at a premium on Fridays.

You can check which level Bebe is on at Dubai Mall by using the store locator on this link

.http://www.thedubaimall.com/en/shop/FashionWomen/bebe.aspx

Not sure where you are from in Scotland but Dubai Mall is 25 times bigger than the Gyle in Edinburgh - there are more than 1,200 stores in Dubai Mall

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is this timetable doable?

Very doable plan, you can enjoy fountain music and at the same time you enjoy with snacks at the entrance of Mall, I did the same and my wife tool me to Tim Harton restaurant which is at the entrance.